Thanksgiving is just a day away now, and that means two things: Black Friday and Christmas Town. Busch Gardens Williamsburg introduced Christmas Town as a special event in 2009 and it has continued into this year with more dates and more fun beginning this Friday.
Christmas Town dates are as follows:
November – 26, 27, 28
December – 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 17-24, 26-31
Here’s what you can do while you’re at Christmas Town:
- Highland Stables – Introduced this year, you can visit the stables in Scotland. The stables feature different animals including Scottish Black Face Sheep, Border Collies, and Clydesdales.
- Mistletoe Marketplace – An outdoor market in Germany where guests will be able to find various hand made gifts form local artisans.
- Polar Pathway – Ice-themed world with an up-close experience with Penguins.
- Santa’s Fireside Feast – Make a reservation for lunch with Santa as he tells Christmas stories. Dinner buffet and early admission included with Feast. Make your reservation here.
- Santa’s Workshop – Photo opportunity with Santa in the North Pole
- Deck the Halls – Live musical tribute to Christmas in Das Festhaus.
- Miracles NEW– Celebration of the spirit of Christmas in the San March Theater (Italy).
- O Tannenbaum – Light show with the Christmas tree in Oktoberfest.
- Rejoice – Emotional Christmas performance inside the Abbey Stone Theater (Ireland).
- A Sesame Street Christmas – Abby Cadabby learns about giving and sharing with her friends in the Globe Theater (England). Great show for kids and adults a like.
- Train (Stops in New France and Scotland only)
- Curse of DarKastle
- DaVinci’s Cradle
- Der Autobahn
- Der Autobahn Jr.
- Europe in the Air
- Flight of Lights (Skyride)
- Kinder Karussel
- Li’l Clydes
- Roto Baron
- The Battering Ram
- The Flying Machine
- The Little Balloons
- The Little Gliders
- Wirbelwindchen (Kiddie Swings)
New this year to Christmas Town is Italy. During Christmas Town last year, Italy was seldom open and it was never on the map because it was never meant to be part of the event. This year, however, it is part of the event!
Check out this video of some lighting being installed in Italy.