Summer is known for two things, heat and big blocbuster movies. While Kings Island has a sure fire way to beat the heat at their huge Soak City waterpark, the blockbuster summer movies are just a tad out of reach. Or are they? Beginning this month Kings Island will offer Dive-In Movies at Soak City.
Beginning June 21st through July 26th as the sun goes down on Friday Nights, guests can pile into the huge 650,000 Tidal Wave Bay wave pool and catch one of the family friendly flicks free of charge. Either lounge in the shallows, float on a tube or just wade around as you watch one of the huge hits on one of two large screens.
Here’s the line up:
- June 21: Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted – Alex, Marty, Glorida, and Melman are still fighting to get home to their beloved Big Apple. Their journey takes them through Europe where they find the perfect cover: a traveling circus, which they reinvent – Madagascar style. Rated: PG
- June 28: Happy Feet – Into the world of the Emperor Penguins, who find their soul mates through song, a penguin is born who cannot sing. But he can tap dance something fierce! Rated: PG
- July 5: Jurassic Park – During a preview tour, a theme park suffers a major power breakdown that allows its cloned dinosaur exhibits to run amok. Rated: PG-13
- July 12: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial – A meek and alienated little boy finds a stranded extraterrestrial. He has to find the courage to defy the authorities to help the alien return to its home planet. Rated: PG
- July 19: Monsters, Inc. – Monsters generate their city’s power by scaring children, but they are terribly afraid themselves of being contaminated by them, so when a child enters Monstropolis, top scarer Sulley finds his world disrupted. Rated: G
- July 26: Finding Nemo – After his son is captured in the Great Barrier Reef and taken to Sydney, a timid clownfish sets out on a journey to bring him home. Rated: G
The movies are included with theme park admission, and space is available on a first come, first serve basis.