The Thrill Weekly Polls began in 2010 as a string of polls that gave theme park fans across the nation the chance to voice their opinion and vote for their favorites. Today marks the kick off of the fourth annual Thrill Weekly Poll, giving fans the chance to nominate their favorite attraction for the People’s Choice Award and to vote for the Best Show! We have some exciting new changes in this year’s Thrill Weekly Poll. For 2013, we have introduced a “Best Family Friendly Theme Park” category. Also, in observance of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, there will be no voting the week of Thanksgiving and voting will wrap up just before Christmas. We also have some other exciting changes coming to the poll that we’re not even able to talk about yet (but you’ll know soon enough)!
The 2013 Thrill Weekly Poll schedule:
- Oct 14 – Oct 20: Nominations for Attraction of the Year, Best Show
- Oct 21 – Oct 27: King of Halloween
- Oct 23 – Nov 19: Park of the Year Regional Voting
- Oct 23 – Oct 29: Park of the Year – Region 1
- Oct 30 – Nov 5: Park of the Year – Region 2
- Nov 6 – Nov 12: Park of the Year – Region 3
- Nov 13 – Nov 19: Park of the Year – Region 4
- Oct 28 – Nov 3: Best Family Friendly Park
- Nov 4 – Nov 10: Best Food Destination
- Nov 11 – Nov 17: Attraction of the Year (Finals)
- Nov 18 – Nov 24: – Best Theme Park Website
- Nov 25 – Dec 1: No Voting in observance of Thanksgiving Holiday
- Dec 2 – Dec 8: Water Park of the Year
- Dec 9 – Dec 15: Park of the Year (Finals)
- Dec 16 – Dec 22: Santa’s Pride – Best Christmas Event
- Dec 23: All voting will be completed, No voting in observance of Christmas/New Years Holiday
- Jan 6: Winners will be announced
The People’s Choice Awards
Great attractions make for great theme parks, it goes hand in hand. Whether it’s a coaster, dark ride, water ride, or walkthrough attraction there is something for everyone. This week we celebrate the attractions, by putting the nominations in your hands. In our annual Readers Choice Poll, you nominate your favorite theme park attraction! So what will it be? Write it in and tell us!
It’s really easy, just fill in the blank below with the name of the attraction and the park it’s located in. You must include both, or it will not be counted. The top 30 nominations will be entered into our poll on November 11th, where you will be able to vote for the Attraction of the Year!
The nomination period is closed. Look for voting coming up in the next few weeks!
Last year Wild Eagle at Dollywood took home the Golden Shark. Will Wild Eagle stand up to the slew of new attractions and take home the Golden Shark again, or will there be a new victor this year? Nominate your favorite attraction today by filling in the form above!
Attractions that will be considered for nomination will be those that are currently operating. While Banshee and Falcon’s Fury are sure to be great attractions, they aren’t open just yet! Save them for next year! And yes, JAWS holds a special candle in our hearts as well, but the big guy doesn’t count for this poll either.
We recommend that all parks and fans share on Twitter, Facebook and other Social Media outlets. Make sure to get everyone writing in their favorite attraction! This poll will determine the finalists for the Attraction of the Year in our annual “Thrill Weekly Awards” which will be announced on January 6th. The poll will be open until 11:59 p.m. EST on October 20th, 2013.
Good luck, and have fun!