Thrill Daily News is an all new section on featured on Behind the Thrills featuring daily news related to the amusement industry. We will continue to post articles and stories on the main portion of the site, but this section will allow us to give our readers more news and information about the industry.
- A couple weeks ago, they held a contest giving away a Halloween Horror Nights wedding package. The lucky couple that won tied the “noose” last night in front of Legendary Truth. Read the full story.
- Anyone planning to go to Halloween Horror Nights this weekend, be prepared for heavy crowds on Thursday and Sundays. Last weekend, Orange County was out of school and Thursday was fairly busy with multi-hour waits times. Read the full story.
- Universal posts their 3rd quarter results, showing a 36% increase in attendance alone. Read the full story.
Orlando Thrill Park
- Rumors of a thrill park coming to Orlando on International drive are very strong, however, it’s raising a lot of concern for people who live in the proposed area. Some are glad because it will bring jobs to the area, but other are concerned about noise. Read the full story.
Seaworld San Diego
- John Reilly, the General Manager of Busch Gardens Williamsburg is now being transferred to Seaworld San Diego to become the President of the park. Read the full story.
Busch Gardens Tampa
- Local churches and schools are concerned about the theme of this year’s Howl-o-Scream event at Busch Gardens Tampa. They believe the event is sending the wrong message and that it’s okay to retaliate. Church officials believe the event is targeted at the youth and that it can be directly related with bullying. Read the full story.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cheerleaders visited Howl-o-Scream. Read the full story.
- Cheetah Hunt.. CheeTaka. A name doesn’t change a coaster or make it what it is. Read the full story.
- Disney World unveiled their newest character Duffy Bear. From what we’ve heard it’s almost like build-a-bear workshop except the bear is already stuffed and ready to go. You just get to dress him up. Duffy also does meet-and-greets at Epcot. Read the full story.
- A couple days ago, a bus driver was strangled by a guest because the bus was full. Read the full story.
- Details regarding a new restaurant and lodging area have begun to surface. The project will roughly run the park around $100 million and it will create about 800 jobs. Read the full story.
Knott’s Berry Farm
- The Pony Express roller coaster that was involved in an accident recently still remains closed and under investigation after the ride went crashing into a ride vehicle in the station after it rolled backwards on the lift. A man involved in the accident who suffered a broken back is looking for answers. Read the full story.