Hey gang! It’s been a while since we’ve done a news update for the daily news, so here are the latest headlines regarding the Amusement Industry. Today we have a death at Disney, Captain America getting the Disney Touch, Darien Lake news and more!
Double Rainbow Across the Sky! YEAH..so intense.
- According to this article in the Miami Herald, a 77 year old woman died after riding the most intense of intense rides…Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel. It was the most common of all ailments at Disney, the dreaded Pre-existing heart condition. Our thoughts are with the family.
- In brighter Disney news, Captain America the newest Marvel comic book character to get his own movie will have music composed by the Oscar winning composer Alan Menken. More details about it can be read here. Nothing official from Disney yet.
- Thomas O. Staggs, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts says in an interview with the St. Petersburg Times that while the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando has not been a “boon for Walt Disney World” it hasn’t affected the park negatively either. I think that’s as close to a Disney exec admitting that WWOHP has WDW worried as we’re going to get. The interview also includes several insights to several things within the company including the economy and raising ticket prices.
- Those crazy PETA kids are at it again. According to this article four members dressed in Orca suits were arrested for trying to block the entrance to the park. The police didn’t take them to jail, instead they forced them to eat sushi while watching “Free Willy”. Kidding.
- LA Times is reporting that all new trains for the Green Lantern coaster have arrived on site at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Take a look. Quite cool little monsters, and it makes me really anxious to see these in action.
- Fair Park in Texas has unveiled a first look at it’s all new 500 foot observation tower.
- Darien Lake has launched an all new app for the Android which includes park maps, showtimes and more.
- GCI has finally released a front row POV of Mountain Flyer at Knight Valley in China (it’s a whole nother countray)