Bands, Brew&BBQ at Sea World kicked off this past weekend with Huey Lewis and the News, 60 craft beers and BBQ from some of the best in Orlando. Coming this weekend, however, is Country Legend Willie Nelson. The 78 year old Award Winning Grammy artist will be performing a free concert this Saturday at Sea World Orlando.
The Bands, Brew & BBQ Event has been stepped up to include more of what the event has become known for, Brew and BBQ. Vendors are showcasing almost 60 beers, from 21 vendors. But the highlight this weekend of course is Willie.
- Willie has recorded over 2500 songs, most of which have been recorded by other artists such as Patsy Cline’s Crazy.
- Willie has won 9 Grammy Awards, his first being for “Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain” from his “Redheaded Stranger” album.
- Willie was one of the founding members of Farm-Aid, a benefit concert to help American Farmers.
- Willie has his own brand of Bio-Diesel
- In 1980 he was nominated for an Academy Award (Oscar) for his song from the film Honeysuckle Rose. The song, On the Road Again
- Willie sold his first song, “Family Bible” for $50 dollars to help pay for groceries and rent for his family. The second song “Night Life” was sold for $150 dollars and went on to sell over 30 million copies for over 70 different artists. He never made any money from royalties from the song.
- His sister Bobbie plays piano in his band
- Willie has appeared in almost 40 films, and TV shows. He played Uncle Jesse in 2005’s Dukes of Hazard, and was parodied that year in Bill and Ted’s Halloween Adventure at Halloween Horror Nights Orlando
For more information on Sea World’s Bands, Brew & BBQ visit the official Sea World Site.