The weather is starting to warm up. The winter is just about over, the sun is shining. Birds are chirping, and bees are buzzing. So that means that there’s one thing on the minds of Busch Gardens Tampa,
Getting Cheetah Hunt ready to open later this spri—- Ummmm…I meant teasing about an event starting at the end of September!Earlier today the official Howl O Scream Facebook page released a challenge and a teaser to fans about the theme to this years event.
We passed 42,000! The *hoards* have spoken, so I won’t leave you in a *lurch*: The suits at BG really put their *brains* behind this one, and are absolutely *infected* with excitement about *leaking* a hint as to this year’s theme. They’re looking to spoil our fans *rotten* by giving you the theme you’ve all been *drooling* for. I promise, you’re going to *eat* this one up.
Oh wow…way to make it hard guys. The obvious theme that this “clue” is teasing about is just right there in front of you. Come on, what travels in hoards, lurches about, has tons of brains, is infected, rotten and drooling?
See, I told you the answer wasn’t so hard. If you said Theme Park Fanboys you’re absolutely right! And the setup is obvious, a blood thirsty fan just aching to see what’s happening with their favorite horror event takes over and wreaks havoc spending way too much money on dramatic themeing, costumes and houses. The HORROR!
Okay, so maybe that’s not it. It does *seem* to be zombies that they are hinting at, but you never really can tell with the team at Busch Gardens. They pull a last minute fast one on us all.
So now that we’re already talking about this years Howl O Scream, let’s speculate a little bit and talk about what we’d LIKE to talk about. Now, before you go getting all angry with scathing emails and acting like we’re a bunch of knuckleheads, remember kids this is all just speculation…ya know, for fun. Until it’s listed on the official Busch Gardens official Howl O Scream website, it’s just that…fun speculation.
So what would we like to see at Howl O Scream this year?
- All new houses-It’s fun to see some houses return, but how about we get those creative juices really flowing and have all new ideas and new houses
- Best of Scare Zones-Let’s take all of the favorite houses from each year and turn them into scare zones! Each year we choose a great house and turn it into a scare zone. You get to see some of the past roaming the streets, while keeping it fresh in the houses. The biggest reason? I want some more After Hours!
- New Upcharge House-ALONE was such a unique thing in the Orlando area haunt scene, and such a huge success (with most nights selling out) it’s foolish to think they won’t do it again. Well, if they’re going to do it again, let’s go all new. New effects, new storyline, new characters.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake-We do Fright Feast every year. It’s a great way to see one of the shows, get some great food and get an early jump on the houses. But last year (at least when we went) the one key thing that is always the best was missing. No pumpkin cheesecake. It needs to come back.
- Fiends-Last year saw a good twist to a show that really hasn’t changed much since it first opened. Personally I’d like to see it gone, but it’s a crowd pleaser, and many people haven’t seen it. So let’s keep stepping up the fresh, change things up a bit more. Last year was a great touch, keep it going in that direction.
- Tigers-An upcharge experience that places you in the park at closing armed with nothing but a flashlight. They then let out the tigers. If you can make it to the front entrance, you win a one of a kind flashy cup. If you don’t, well….tigers gotta eat too.
So that’s what we’d like to see. Maybe not the tigers…RELAX IT’S A JOKE!….
*Updated- Apparently fan complaints are not going unheard. The official Busch Gardens Tampa Facebook page has a call going out for all fans to be part of a focus group to give opinions on what they should see next.
We are always working to improve our products and services to ensure the best experience for you, our guests. As we are working on developing our future Howl-O-Scream events, we are asking for your help.
We are looking for volunteers to participate in a two-hour in-person discussion regarding Howl-O-Scream on Friday, March 18. If you are interested in participating and are able to attend an in-person session at Busch Gardens Tampa on Friday, March 18 between 3:00PM and 7:30PM, please click on the link below.
The link will take you to a survey that will help us determine as to whether you are qualified for this research project. Those selected to participate will be asked to complete a very short homework assignment and participate in a 2-hour discussion. As a token of our gratitude and appreciation, those who participate in the discussion will be offered two single day admission tickets to Busch Gardens Tampa.
Please note that we are looking for a small group of individuals with a certain type of background, so not everyone who completes the eligibility survey will be asked to participate in the discussion. Everyone who completes the eligibility survey will be contacted by one of our team members to notify them as to whether they have been selected for the discussion no later than 5PM on Wednesday, March 16.
Click here to take the survey:
We are very excited about this opportunity to learn from our fans! Thank you in advance for your help!
What can we expect? Zombies, more than likely. Busch Gardens always likes to put a spin on old favorites, so I’m guessing that these zombies will have a leader who’s part zombie…and sexy. Maybe it will be a zombie that used to be in love and had her heart torn out…figuratively, so now she goes around and tears out the heart of any unsuspecting man that happens to come across her path….literally. You never know with these things.
Stay tuned for more information as we hear it.