Happy Thanksgiving from everyone here at Behind the Thrills. In honor of the holiday, and to reflect on the year here is a list of things we are thankful for, in no particular order. Looking back we are very fortunate to have so many things in our lives that are just so great.
The funny thing is that as I sat down to write this, I had a whole list, now I’m struggling to remember it!
- LC Hill Photography-I think the biggest thing that I should be thankful for is our good friend Mr. LC Hill. He started with us in the very beginning as just a guy hanging around with us at the parks. His love of theme parks and his hobby of taking pics has turned into an obsession. Because of that we’ve gotten some really breathtaking amazing pictures..and a lot of them, to share with you!
- Keeper-My old friend Keeper. I first met Keeper back in 2007 by way of IOACentral.com He would spin tales the likes you’ve never seen! When he approached us last year about doing a story, I jumped. It was the best jump I ever took. His stories capture the heart of those who love theme parks. It’s the whimsy and fun that got me interested in theme parks in the first place
- Racheal-Ah, my wife and partner. The two of us work very hard to make BTT possible. She works even harder. I come up with an idea, and they can be great sometimes…but she’s the one that makes the ideas work.
- Big Guy and Madness-My kids were the reason I started involving myself so much in the theme park world. It’s time together, having fun. They help with the site, they come up with ideas…but most of all they’re in the parks with us
- Discovery Cove-Yes..Discovery Cove inspired me this year. Amazing new approaches to theme park relaxation
- Legoland Florida-We have seen this park rebuilt from the ground up, and they had us along every step of the way.
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter-Let’s face it. It’s the biggest thing since fastpass. Without the boy who lived, we wouldn’t be getting the New Fantasyland, and loads of coasters. Plus, Disney wouldn’t have brought James Cameron on board to make Avatar land.
- Halloween Horror Nights 21-This year was one of the most fun HHN’s I’ve seen in a long time. It gets my vote for King of Halloween…but I’m a little bit biased. The actors and designers went all out this year.
- Theme park PR-To some of them we’re knuckleheads..but they are the folks that give us the chance to do really cool and fun things, and bring you all of the pictures, information and news directly from the parks.
- Advil-Getting older sucks. Riding coasters can hurt….especially at Six Flags. Advil makes it better
- Being in Florida-It’s snowing in some parts of the country. I’m going to eat my thanksgiving dinner, then go ride Hulk a few times
- Del Taco-Del Taco has given us a great late night place to eat in Orlando after we’re done partying at the parks
- YOU-Yes you! Sitting right there, in your underwear…or whatever you’re wearing. Without our readers, our followers and friends, none of this would be possible. We’ve met so many great people over the years, and have had so much fun. You are the reason we keep doing it