Gaylord Palms is hosting their annual Christmas festivities, including “ICE” and “Snow” within the hotel until January 2nd, 2012. The festivities are a lot of fun for the whole family and really bring winter to Florida.
ICE featuring Dreamworks’ “Shrek the Halls”
ICE at Gaylord Palms featured the story “T’was the Night Before Christmas”, but this season, Gaylord has taken it a step further with a partnership with Dreamworks. While you walk through ICE, you will find most of the characters you’ve seen through out the Shrek movies. ICE tells a story of how Shrek and Fiona celebrate their first Christmas.
ICE is well.. made of ice! A lot of hard work and planning goes into creating this beautiful attraction (read more about how ICE was created). Keeping it frozen is also very, very important. It’s kept at a frigid 9 degrees Fahrenheit.
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157628045344953″]
- Closed toe shoes and long pants are required. Don’t forget them at home (or in your room)!
- Warm wear is provided in various sizes, but it will still feel chilly.
- I highly suggest bringing gloves, a scarf, a hat (not a ball cap), and a warm jacket.
- If you forget your winter gear, they do sell some in the gift shop.
- Ride the ice slide. It’s a LOT of fun (parents and kids will enjoy it).
- Planning to “pop the question”? Gaylord can help with that! Read more information here.
Kung Fu Panda Awesome Snow
It’s not often you find snow in Florida… Actually, it’s pretty far and few between, but not at Gaylord Palms. Kids can make throw balls to throw at Tai Lung and Lord Shen, build snow men, and forts out of snow.
Ice and snow go perfect together and you save money when you bundle them and buy in advance!
Gaylord Palms also offers a 3D experience with the new movie, Puss in Boots, ginger bread cookie decorating, tree lighting, and character meet and greets, and dining with Shrek! Click here to learn more about the “Dreamworks experience”.
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157628045357279″]
For more information about Ice and Snow at Gaylord Palms, visit the official website.