If you’ve been living under a rock for the last year or so and don’t know what The Santa Claw is, let me tell you.. You missed one of the biggest sensations on the internet last year. Real Art Design Group built the world’s largest claw machine. The claw machine was “virtual”, so all you had to do was create an account or connect your account to Twitter or Facebook and wait in line to play. Whatever you won, they’d ship it straight to your house!
Yes, it was very cool!
Real Art announced they would be bringing the Santa Claw back for a few short days in December for the Gizmodo Gallery in New York City. From December 5th through December 10th, you can have another shot at playing The Santa Claw. Click here to go to the official website to play.
Edit (12/5/11) – Prizes have been announced and are as follows:
- Knobby Ball (Gallery only)- Goes to visitors at the Gizmodo Gallery
- Ball with Samsung Logo (Online) – Samsung phone or tablet
- Ball with Ruku Logo (Online) – Ruku Box
- Lego Green Ball (Online) – Lifesize Santa Yoda Minifigure made of Legos (only one available)
- Yellow ball (Gallery only): Gizmodo T-shirt or set of Buckyballs
- Pink ball (Gallery only): Two tickets to American Museum of Natural History
Here’s a few photos from a tour of the Claw from last year.
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157626530800741″]