For close to ten years, Spooky Empire has called the Wyndham Resort on International Drive home. Last year the resort was sold, and it was said that it would close down. Initial reports said that it was to be torn down and something else done with the property. That left the annual horror festival without a home. But leave it to the gang at Spooky Empire to not leave fans hanging for long.
In an official press release, the Spooky Empire crew announced that they have found a new home, the Orlando Hilton
The Hilton has a ton of amenities, too many to list, plus an amazing convention area.
The official page also lists that the convention will move from it’s slot on the second weekend of October to October 26th-28th this year only. After this year it will permanently move to the third weekend of October.
May-hem, the annual Memorial Day horror festival will still hold it’s normal date, Memorial Day Weekend. This year, the event will have one final hurrah at the Wyndham Resort on International Drive in Orlando. After this year, the event will be at The Orlando Hilton.
So far this year’s Mayhem guests will include:
- Linda Hamilton-Best known as Sarah Connor from the Terminator films
- Michael Rooker-Most recently seen as “Merle” in The Walking Dead
- Kristana Loken-Female Terminator in T3
- Monica Keena-Dawson’s Creek, Freddy Vs. Jason
- Holly Marie Combs-Charmed
- Brian Krause-Charmed, Sleepwalkers
- Madison Lintz-The Walking Dead
- Oliver Robins-Poltergeist
On top of the celebrity guests, there will also be live bands, an exhibitor floor filled with horror art, books, films and memorabilia. More information, including a full line up will be coming soon.