After a long hiatus, Dine with Shamu is now open and they are taking reservations online and in the park. SeaWorld is running a great deal on Dine with Shamu right now. Normally, adults are $29 and kids (ages 3-9) are $19, but if you book now through December 25th, kids are free with a paid adult’s admission. A family of four could enjoy Dine with Shamu for roughly $60.
So what does Dine with Shamu offer?
First and foremost, Dine with Shamu offers food! The food is all natural, and it is buffet style. The menu offers a wide variety, including some seafood, and things that your kids would love!
We caught up with Hector Colon, Executive Chef at SeaWorld Orlando who tells us a little bit about the menu at Dine with Shamu.
The menu changes with the season, but here is Dine with Shamu’s menu as of September 2012:
- Seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables
- Certified Sustainable Seafood
- All natural grain fed Beef Sirloin
- Open flame grilled free range chicken
- 100% natural pork loin with no preservatives or additives
- Seasonal accompaniments
- Fresh breads baked daily by our skilled Sea World bakers
- Signature desserts
- Hot dogs
- Sea shell pasta with vine ripe tomato marinara and meatballs
- Mac and cheese
It also offers an educational look at the Killer Whales. While the trainers are interacting with the whales, a speaker will talk about the training process and other things that SeaWorld does with their killer whales.
- SeaWorld weighs their Killer Whales once a week
- SeaWorld brushes their Killer Whales’ teeth
- There is roughly 7 million gallons of water in the Killer whale tanks
- They feed them things like Jello and Ice as a special treat
- Each trainer has a different relationship with each whale
- In the wild, female Killer Whales run the pod (they make all the decisions and are the boss)
For more information about SeaWorld Orlando, visit the official website.