Busch Gardens Williamsburg announced part of their Howl-o-Scream line up last month to include three shows and six haunted mazes. When the park made their initial announcement, they announced that a brand new show and brand new maze would be making their debut this year.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg announced new frightening details regarding this year’s Howl-o-Scream event.
- CATACOMBS (France): Through a ruined cemetery filled with statues lies a tunnel that leads to an underground city. Its history is more terrifying than that of France’s worst revolutions. Deep within these tunnels lie mile after mile of bones—the final resting place for those who are buried here. But all is not as quiet as it appears. As guests venture forth into the dank, dripping corridors of rat infested remains, the voices of the dead begin to speak, and some have taken shape.
- DEAD LINE (Italy): Deep underground, construction of the newest line of the Pompeii Metro was moving smoothly until an ancient pipe was accidentally struck. At first, it seemed like steam. Then the mist became thicker, more sinister. Now the strange gas is leaking quickly, and everyone trapped inside is infected. The difficult decision was made to cut off all communication to the outside world. The Dead Line is off the grid.
- BITTEN (Oktoberfest): Suspicion, darkness and mind-numbing fear surround the “Bitten” house which is set in Eastern Europe in the late 1800s. Full of legends and lore of vampires and the undead that preyed on the innocent, this manor sits by the road upon which all travelers must pass but few return.
- 13: YOUR NUMBER’S UP (Ireland): For 13 long years, the dark tower was locked away from the world—existing only in the nightmares of those who had dared to experience Howl-O-Scream’s first and most terrifying maze. But now the seal has been broken. The tower is open once more and on the 13th floor, your darkest phobias and fears lurk in the shadows. Are you brave enough to face them or is your number up?
- FEAR FAIR (Festa Italia): On the dark outskirts of the Fair Grounds near Festa Italia, a traveling carnival is waiting under a stained and tattered big top. Lift the flaps of the tent and discover the macabre—a fantastic collection of freaks, psychotic clowns and other insane oddities that defy human explanation. Will your sides split with laughter? Or will you turn around and run for your life? Either way, you’ll quickly understand why this evil carnival is doomed to wander the Italian countryside … never stopping in the same village twice.
- NEW! ROOT OF ALL EVIL (Oktoberfest): The seeds of evil have been sewn. Venture if you dare into a decrepit greenhouse. Experiments here have not gone as planned and evil has taken control. Botanists, landscapers, and staff all poisoned by the very plants they created. In this maze of foliage, you are ripe for the pickings.
- FIENDS (Abbey Stone Theatre in Ireland): The wacky doctor and his manic nurses are creating the ultimate Fiend, and there’s not a bad seat in the lab. The voltage is high, and so is the fun as they sing, dance and bring you along on the operation of a lifetime.
- NEW! DIG IT UP (Il Teatro di San Marco in Italy): Relics long forgotten and buried in the vaults of the Muse di San Marco have recently been dug up, dusted off and brought to life through song. Cavemen, Egyptians, Romans, and even an alien encounter make their musical debut in this eclectic energy packed anything goes at Halloween show.
- NEW! NIGHT BEATS (Das Festhaus in Oktoberfest): Things that go bump in the night sing, dance and transport you on a musical journey. From the devilish sounds of the roaring 20s to vamping it up with the music of today, this show is filled with dazzling dance numbers, sizzling singers, and a barely live band that will leave your heart … beating.
- NEW! OPEN CASKET (Oktoberfest): The dead are alive and so is the fun at the OPEN CASKet bar. Hang around, watch your neck and toss back a specialty libation served by the coolest vampires this side of the Rhine River.
- NEW! ROAMING HORDES (Park wide): Under the cloak of night, Busch Gardens’ pathways are taken over by roaming minions from your deepest fears. No place is safe in the darkness of the gardens. You have been warned.
- NEW! INOCULATION STATION (Ireland): No appointments necessary for the shot of a lifetime with your favorite fiends in pink. Get your prescription filled – the famous test tube shot and photo op are always in stock.
- HOWL-O-SCREAM SHOP (Oktoberfest): Proceed with caution to the decrepit and desolate village of Oktoberfest, home to the Howl-O-Scream store inside Der Marktplatz. With exclusive Howl-O-Scream merchandise, it is sure to bring guests’ shopping experience to life, whether they’re ready or not.
To give you a general idea of where everything will be located, check out the official Howl-o-Scream map:
Busch Gardens Williamsburg is also offering a deal that is worth dying for.. This fall, you can purchase the Fall Fun Card, and it will give you unlimited access to the park and Howl-o-Scream from September 8th until October 28th. It does not include discounted admission to Christmas Town. Click here to purchase your Fall Fun Card.
For more information about Busch Gardens Williamsburg, visit the official website.