THIRD ANNUAL “THRILL WEEKLY POLL” RETURNS TO BEHIND THE THRILLS IN 2012
October 18, 2012 (Orlando, FL) – In 2010, Behind the Thrills debut a string of polls that gave theme parks across the nation the chance to gather their fans and get them vote for their favorites. Fans from across the nation voted for their favorites in 2010 and 2011 and will have the chance to do so in the third annual “Thrill Weekly Polls”. The Winners of each category will be named “Best-of” in the third annual “Best-of” awards.
“Once again we hope to give fans a voice to vote on what they think is the best in the theme park industry for 2012,” said Erik Yates of BehindTheThrills.com.
The “Reader’s Choice Awards” allows the fans choose the attraction they anticipate the most for 2013 and vote on the top picks the following week. As an added bonus, Behind the Thrills will also be awarding an “Editor’s Choice” award that will be chosen by Behind the Thrills Staff for the best overall theme park experience.
New for 2012 is the “Best Water Park” and “Best Theme Park Show”, which has replaced the “Friendliest Crowds” and “Best Employees” polls. While friendly crowds and employees are important to theme park visitors, Water Parks and shows make up a large portion of the Amusement Industry. In 2012, the Thrill Weekly Poll brings the spotlight to many fantastic water parks and shows, giving fans their chance to vote for the best.
“I am excited we are including water parks in our third annual Thrill Weekly Polls. There are a lot of great water parks with innovative attractions. It’s time for fans to show their love for those parks and name the ‘best-of’,” said Racheal Yates of BehindTheThrills.com.
After all voting ends, Behind the Thrills will announce the winners of each category in the “Best-of 2012” on January 7, 2013.
All polls will begin Monday morning at 12:01am ET and will close the following Sunday at 8:00pm ET. Park of the Year polls will run from November 22nd until January 2nd. Park of the Year polls will begin on Thursday morning at 12:01 am ET and will close the following Wednesday at 8:00pm ET.
The third annual “Thrill Weekly Poll” line-up includes:
- King of Halloween (October 22 – October 28)
- Best Theme Park News Website (October 29 – November 4)
- Best Waterpark (November 5 – November 11)
- Best Theme Park Fan Site (November 12 – November 18)
- Best Food Destination (November 19 – November 25)
- Park of the Year (November 22 – January 2)
- Region 1 (November 22 – November 28)
- Region 2 (November 29 – December 5)
- Region 3 (December 6 – December 12)
- Region 4 (December 13 – December 19)
- Finalists – Top 2 Parks from each region (December 27 – January 2)
- Best Theme Park Show (November 26 – December 2)
- Readers Choice Awards: Nominations for “Attraction of the Year” (December 3 – December 9)
- Readers Choice Awards: Voting for “Attraction of the Year” (December 10 – December 16)
- Santa’s Pride (December 17 – December 23)
- Best Social Media Presence (December 24 – December 30)
The “Thrill Weekly Poll” can be found on Behind the Thrills by visiting http://behindthethrills.com/thrillweekly.
Winners of the second annual (2011) “Thrill Weekly Polls” included:
- Busch Gardens Tampa: King of Halloween
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg: Best Theme Park Food Destination (two years running), Santa’s Pride (two years running)
- Cedar Point: Best Social Media Presence (two years running)
- Dollywood: Park of the Year for 2011
- Holiday World: Friendliest Employees (two years running), Friendliest Crowds
- HorrorNightNightmares.com: Best Theme Park Fan Site
- Legoland Florida: Editor’s Choice – Best Theme Park Experience of 2011
- Quassy Park (Wooden Warrior): Reader’s Choice Awards – Attraction of the Year for 2011
- Screamscape.com: Best Theme Park News Site (two years running)
The winners for the first annual (2010) Thrill Weekly Polls can be viewed here.