If it wasn’t for the theme park fans, other people wouldn’t really know or care that much about theme parks. It’s the fans who get really excited about the parks they love and spread the excitement to others. Fans are a theme parks best advertisements. Fans are also one of the best sources of information. It’s with that notion that we introduce this weeks Thrill Weekly Poll! The Fansite of the year!
What makes a great fansite? Is it the amazing amount of fans who come together on forums? Is it the great news coverage about a certain park? Yes! It’s all these things! We’ve taken a few of the many great fansites from around the web and have compiled them here.
Vote for your favorite!
While we would love to nominate every single fansite on the web, there are just too many out there! The above list represents the websites which best matches our criteria for Fansite of the Year.
Our criteria for nominees are as follows:
- On the web for more than a year
- Can include more than 75% coverage about one particular park or park chain
- The site must have regular main page updates. At least one in the past month, and several in the past three months.
- Must have a main page that is updated on a regular basis. Forums are great, but they can be filled with inaccurate information and opinions. Some facts are needed
- Must have a social Media Presence (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Must interact with readers on the website, either through active comments or forums. Feedback is very important
- Main page must consist of original content. Copy and pasting press releases, or content from other websites does not qualify as original content.