Roller Coaster Tycoon set the precedent for what theme park games are supposed to be. Fun for nerds. Where else could you build your own theme parks, design your own coasters and do whatever you wanted to? After two more entries the game fizzled and another coaster game No Limits came to be the must have theme park video game. While it was more coaster designer than game, it set the precedent for realism in design. This summer another game hopes to fill the void left by those two games and take theme park gamers to new levels they’ve never imagined.
Pantera Entertainment’s Theme Park Studio is taking theme park and roller coaster games to a whole new level by not only giving you complete control of the parks and rides you design, but giving you the flexibility to design pretty much whatever you want. Pantera Entertainment isn’t new to the game industry, having spent 16 years designing games and software for medical companies. Theme Park Studio is however a new way of looking at theme park games.
As you can see it takes the fun of a Roller Coaster Tycoon type game and mixes it with No Limits style coaster building. Plus, unlike the other two games, you can build your own flat rides from the ground up. Here are some of the other features that you can expect to see on Theme Park Studio:
– Custom coaster creation. Players can bend, pull, and stretch coasters into any design they wish. Prefabricated templates are provided as helpers, if desired– Custom Flat Rides. Design your own flat ride from the ground up.- Mesh importing: Build your own environmental objects and import them for maximum customization.- Particle Effects: Full integration of the ‘Oasis’ particle effects system allows players to create everything from waterfalls, weather effects, explosions, and much more. Particles can have triggers for setting up shows like coasters jumping through rings of fire and splashing through water.- Scripting: Build your own mini games.
– Networked: When finished, you can publish your game to our server, allowing the world to experience your custom theme park.
– Terrain Engine: Import your own height maps and textures to create stunning landscapes.
– Water: Control water parameters like speed, level, color, and ripple size.
– Animation: Integrated animation engine allows players to setup animated characters like people, animals, etc..
– Vegetation: ‘Oasis’ features an advanced vegetation engine. Our proprietary technology allows players to build everything from grass to elaborate oaks. Trees are procedurally generated and can be controlled by custom wind and turbulance settings. This technology has been integrated into Theme Park Studio
The game hits this summer, with a solid release date not yet confirmed. As of right now the game will be available only on PC, though if the demand calls for it, the programmers at Pantera Entertainment have the full ability to make this available on consoles such as Xbox 360 and PS3. The game engine fully supports any transformations to consoles. If you want more information about the game, including where to buy, release dates and more graphics and information visit the official Facebook Page.