Limited Time Magic has brought the third celebration to a close at Magic Kingdom with Long Lost Friends week. Familiar characters that are seldom seen at the park graced the Magic Kingdom, making special appearances, and signing autographs for guests. No sooner than the Long Lost Friends get lost again, Disney announces another “Limited Time Magic” Celebration. Both Disneyland and Walt Disney World will celebrate “True Love Week” in the most romantic week of the year!
Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, Robin Hood and the gang, and Pinocchio were all part of Long Lost Friends Week. There were special meet and greets in Magic Kingdom. This has been the most involved celebration of Limited Time Magic at Walt Disney World yet. Still, it felt like it was missing something.
Lines were huge for all the special guests, even more so than the regular character meet and greets. Guests lined up for upwards of 45 minutes for glimpses of Three little pigs, and the first spotting of the Big Bad Wolf in ANY theme park since 2009!
More Long Lost Friends:
Right on the heels of the Long Lost Friends, Disney is ready to roll out the next Limited Time Magic with “True Love Week”. In celebration of the most romantic (or loneliest…if you’re single) week of the year, Disney is rolling out with little dashes of romance in both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Special fairy tales come true, meet your prince or just bask in the glow of a romantic candlelit dinner for two.
Here’s all the details!
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed décor adorn Disneyland Park, making it an ideal place to celebrate Valentine’s week.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of red and pink will bathe Sleeping Beauty Castle, with projections of flowers and hearts.
- Floral Heart: A giant floral heart makes a sweet setting for a Valentine photo, in Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland.
- Valentine Wishes: Flowers, garlands and decorative doves will create a second ideal location around Snow White Wishing Well near Sleeping Beauty Castle. At night, magical lighting adds a romantic touch to the wishing well and Snow White Grotto.
- Disneyland Sweethearts: Also near Town Square, guests will find a photo location with resident Disneyland sweethearts – Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck.
- Dinners for Two: Romantic dinners for two with prix fixe menus will be offered at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially-created menus at Blue Bayou and Café Orleans in Disneyland, Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park, Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel or Napa Rose in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel make ideal choices for a romantic evening. To book call 714-781-DINE ( 714-781-3463).
- Cupcake Lovers: Chefs have prepared a specially themed Valentine’s dessert: a chocolate cupcake with raspberry mousse filling and dark chocolate mousse frosting. It will be available at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café in Disneyland, Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café and Pacific Wharf Café in Disney California Adventure, and Disneyland Hotel Coffee House.
- Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plush, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmations will be available at select merchandise locations.
- Ears for your Sweetheart: The classic Disneyland ear hat gets a total glitz makeover just in time for the most romantic time of the year. It will dazzle your Valentine and become the most sophisticated pair of ears in your collection.
- Royal Romance: Guests will enjoy a rare opportunity to get photos of Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses along The Royal Walk in Fantasyland. In New Orleans Square, guests will find another pair of sweethearts, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.
- In Search of True Love: Guests may also encounter the Wandering Wallflowers, in search of “true love.”
Walt Disney World
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as banners proclaiming True Love, heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed décor adorn the Magic Kingdom.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of pink, red, lavender and blue bathe Cinderella Castle with themed lighting synced to a musical melodies adding to the ambiance.
- Dinners for Two: Candlelit dinners for two with prix fixe menus at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially-created menus at Artist Point (Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort); The Wave…of American Flavors (Disney’s Contemporary Resort); Hollywood Brown Derby (Disney’s Hollywood Studios); Yachtsman Steakhouse (Disney’s Yacht Club Resort) make an ideal setting for a romantic evening. To book visit Disneyworld.com or call 407/WDW-DINE.
- Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plushes, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmations available at select merchandise locations.
- Royal Gathering: The rare opportunity to get a photo with Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses to enchanting character greeting locations.
In Town Square Theater you may find Mickey and Minnie, Aurora with Phillip or Rapunzel and Flynn. Mary Poppins joins Bert in Fantasyland, while Prince Naveen and Princess Tiana meet guests in the Enchanted Glade in Liberty Square.
Romantic Photo Locations in Magic Kingdom with your Sweetie:
- Carriage Awaits: New Fantasyland invites lovers to create memories alongside Cinderella’s Glass Coach situated by the new Castle wall for True Love Week.
- Wishes Come True: Hearts and flowers enhance Cinderella’s Wishing Well creating the perfect backdrop for a cherished moment.
- Rose Walk: The Rose Garden in Central Plaza is all decked out with enchanting decor.
Romantic Touches: Long stem roses, chocolate covered strawberries, the finest champagne, or scattered rose petals create a romantic scene for lovebirds, all available through the Disney florist at www.disneyflorist.com.
Elegant Oasis for Relaxation: An aromatherapy couples’ massage is just the escape after a day with the kids in the theme park. Couples’ massages are available at the newly opened, full-service Senses, A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
Perfectly Princess: Join your prince for the ultimate fairytale come true with a customized Disney wedding or honeymoon getaway. More than 1,000 couples get married, or renew their wedding vows in romantic settings in various locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort every year. Visit DisneyWeddings.com for more information.
So far it sounds like it takes a little bit of romance to bring out the magic in Walt Disney World. Will you be celebrating Valentine’s at Disney?