Smartphones and Tablets are a big thing across the globe right now. People are constantly sharing pictures and information with their friends, families, and social followers. AT&T, one of the largest communication companies, has announced that they have become the official wireless provider for the American Disney Parks – Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and also the Disney Cruise Lines. Disney has already implemented free WiFi through out the Walt Disney World Resort, however, AT&T will be enhancing their coverage across the Disney Parks Resorts.
Enhanced coverage includes:
- 25+ distributed antenna systems to enhance wireless capacity in high mobile traffic areas
- 350+ small cells to extend network connectivity
- 10 cell sites across Walt Disney World Resort, providing wide-ranging mobile services to guests
- 40+ repeaters to provide guests even more reliable mobile experinces to guests and Cast Members
“We are excited about the opportunity to work with AT&T,” said Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, United States and France. “This alliance joins two companies that share a commitment to providing quality experiences, and we look forward to the collaboration as we continue to leverage technology to enhance the experience for our guests.”
Other parts of the agreement include:
- Disney Cast Members will now use new AT&T mobile devices to help deliver great guest service and enhance in-park guest experience
- AT&T will have various marketing and branding opportunities and they will also become the official sponsor of Disney soccer evens and runDisney events at the ESPN Worldwide Complex located at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida
- Disney will also educate their Cast Members and guests with “It Can Wait”, AT&T’s initiative to educate consumers on the dangers of texting and driving
For more information about AT&T, visit the official website by clicking here.
For more information about Disney Parks, visit the official website by clicking here.