FOURTH ANNUAL “THRILL WEEKLY POLL” RETURNS TO BEHIND THE THRILLS IN 2013
October 13, 2013 (Orlando, FL) – In 2010, Behind the Thrills debut a string of polls that gave theme parks across the nation the chance to gather their fans and get them vote for their favorites. Fans from across the nation voted for their favorites in 2010, 2011, and 2012. Fans will have the chance to name the best of 2013 in the fourth annual “Thrill Weekly Poll” on Behind the Thrills beginning October 14th. The Winners of each category will be named “Best-of” in the fourth annual “Best of” awards.
The “Thrill Weekly Poll” can be found on Behind the Thrills by visiting http://behindthethrills.com/thrillweekly.
Exciting changes for 2013:
New for 2013 is the “Best Family Friendly Theme Park” and “Best Theme Park Website”. Theme Parks today are not only gearing themselves toward thrill-junkies, but they are also gearing themselves towards a family experience that the entire family can enjoy. In the past, we have split up the news websites from the fan websites, but we have decided to combine them into one poll to see which website is the best Theme Park website. Returning polls include Best Water Park, Best Halloween Event (Theme Park and Non-Theme Park), Best Food Destination, Attraction of the Year, Santa’s Pride: Best Christmas Event, and Park of the Year.
This year for the first time ever, there will be no voting during Thanksgiving or Christmas in observance of the Holidays. And for the first year ever, we have even more exciting details that we still aren’t able to share just yet.
All voting will be completed by December 23rd. After each poll closes, the results will be hidden so the winner of the poll remains secret until all voting has been completed. We will announce the winners for each poll on January 6th.
All polls, excluding Park of the Year Polls, will begin Monday morning at 12:01am ET and will close the following Sunday at 11:59pm ET. Regional voting for Park of the Year will run from October 23rd until November 19th. Each regional poll will begin on Wednesday at 12:01am and end on Tuesday at 11:59pm. The final round for Park of the Year will include the winner and the runner-up from each region and will take place from December 9th at 12:01am until December 15th at 11:59pm.
The fourth annual “Thrill Weekly Poll” line-up includes:
- Oct 14 – Oct 20: Nominations for Attraction of the Year, Best Show
- Oct 21 – Oct 27: King of Halloween
- Oct 23 – Nov 19: Park of the Year Regional Voting
- Oct 23 – Oct 29: Park of the Year – Region 1
- Oct 30 – Nov 5: Park of the Year – Region 2
- Nov 6 – Nov 12: Park of the Year – Region 3
- Nov 13 – Nov 19: Park of the Year – Region 4
- Oct 28 – Nov 3: Best Family Friendly Park
- Nov 4 – Nov 10: Best Food Destination
- Nov 11 – Nov 17: Attraction of the Year (Finals)
- Nov 18 – Nov 24: – Best Theme Park Website
- Nov 25 – Dec 1: No Voting in observance of Thanksgiving Holiday
- Dec 2 – Dec 8: Water Park of the Year
- Dec 9 – Dec 15: Park of the Year (Finals)
- Dec 16 – Dec 22: Santa’s Pride – Best Christmas Event
- Dec 23: All voting will be completed, No voting in observance of Christmas/New Years Holiday
- Jan 6: Winners will be announced
For more information about the Thrill Weekly Poll, please visit our Contact page and shoot us an e-mail.