The Thrill Weekly Polls began in 2010 as a string of polls that gave theme park fans across the nation the chance to voice their opinion and vote for their favorites theme parks, rides and other theme park specialties. Today we kick off of the Fourth Annual Thrill Weekly Poll, giving theme park fans the chance to voice your opinions on what YOU think is the best of the year, in the theme park industry! We kick off the awards this year by letting you nominate your favorite attraction for the People’s Choice Award and to vote for the Best Show! We have some exciting new changes in this year’s Thrill Weekly Poll. For 2013, we have introduced a “Best Family Friendly Theme Park” category. Also, in observance of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, there will be no voting the week of Thanksgiving and voting will wrap up just before Christmas. We also have some other changes coming to the poll that we’re not even allowed to talk about yet (but you’ll know soon enough) that we are extremely excited about, and we hope you will be too!
The 2013 Thrill Weekly Poll schedule:
- Oct 14 – Oct 20: Nominations for Attraction of the Year, Best Show
- Oct 21 – Oct 27: King of Halloween
- Oct 23 – Nov 19: Park of the Year Regional Voting
- Oct 23 – Oct 29: Park of the Year – Region 1
- Oct 30 – Nov 5: Park of the Year – Region 2
- Nov 6 – Nov 12: Park of the Year – Region 3
- Nov 13 – Nov 19: Park of the Year – Region 4
- Oct 28 – Nov 3: Best Family Friendly Park
- Nov 4 – Nov 10: Best Food Destination
- Nov 11 – Nov 17: Attraction of the Year (Finals)
- Nov 18 – Nov 24: – Best Theme Park Website
- Nov 25 – Dec 1: No Voting in observance of Thanksgiving Holiday
- Dec 2 – Dec 8: Water Park of the Year
- Dec 9 – Dec 15: Park of the Year (Finals)
- Dec 16 – Dec 22: Santa’s Pride – Best Christmas Event
- Dec 23: All voting will be completed, No voting in observance of Christmas/New Years Holiday
- Jan 6: Winners will be announced
When it comes to a perfectly rounded theme park, it’s always good to have an amazing mix of attractions at the ready. Coasters are amazing, rides are great and who doesn’t love a parade? Nothing, however, rounds out your perfect theme park visit better than a great show! Whether it’s a show that takes you behind the scenes of your favorite subject, a spectacular stunt show, or a medley of down home favorites, you’ll find that theme park shows have some of the highest production values and some of the most talented casts out of any shows in production worldwide!
It’s with great pleasure that we announce our first poll of the 2013 Thrill Weekly Polls-Best Theme Park Show!
What was the BEST Theme Park Show of 2013? Was it last year’s winner-Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular:100 Years of Movie Magic at Universal Studios Florida? Maybe it was the down home goodness of Dollywood’s “My People”. Maybe it was the splashtastic Killer Whales of SeaWorld’s One Ocean? Which ever it is, vote for it and name it the Best Show of the Year!
We’ve nominated the shows in our list based on several factors:
- Critics and reviews
- Personal experiences
- Reader opinions and trip reports through Facebook and Twitter
- Other website opinions and reviews
In order for the show to be nominated it had to be a season long show, running at minimum three months, and at least 70% of the theme park year or season. While we would love to nominate every single Christmas, Halloween and special engagement show, that runs in theme parks, we’ve narrowed it down to these shows. These shows encapsulate what theme park shows are all about, and in many cases run on a daily basis, bringing the crowds in year after year.
There are tons of shows in the U.S. and unfortunately we can’t get to them all. If we have forgotten your favorite theme park show, make sure to write it in on the “Other” ballot and we will consider it for nomination.
Congratulations to all of the nominees! We recommend that all nominated parks and fans share on Twitter, Facebook and other Social Media outlets. This poll will determine the Best Theme Park Show of the Year in our annual “Thrill Weekly Awards” which are to be announced in January. The poll will be open until 11:59 p.m. EST on October 20th, 2013.
Good luck, and have fun!