Over the past several years, I have always found it fun to recap the following year on New Years Day. New Years Day is more than just a day for “a clean slate”, but it’s a day to look back at the previous year and see what happened. We’re taking a look back at 2013 today by taking a look at our top 13 most read-articles. I always find this fun and interesting because there is always at least one article I never expect to be on this list. I’m always surprised by something, and this year is no different!
Before we get to the list, I would like to personally thank our readers. Our readership has grown quite a bit since we started Behind the Thrills back in 2008. One thing that I can never tell people enough is that we do this out of love and passion for theme parks – not because we have to. Yes, this is a hobby of ours and we enjoy bringing news, information, pictures, and tips to you! In 2013, we saw a 26.93% increase in traffic over 2012 – all because of you: our readers! Again, thank you!
We look forward to 2014 and making a lot of new posts. We have a lot of exciting plans for 2014 and we hope to share even more theme park goodness with you.
Top 13 viewed posts in 2013:
13. Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2013 Full Review
12. National Roller Coaster Day: the 10 greatest American Coasters of 2013
11. Thrill Weekly Poll: Park of the Year Finals – Vote for the best of the best
10. Kings Island new coaster leaked
9. Soak City San Diego to become Aquatica San Diego
8. National Roller Coaster Day 2013
7. Walt Disney World and Disneyland to do away with disability pass beginning on October 9th
6. Sleep like a Minion at all new Despicable Me themed rooms at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5. Rememberimg JAWS The Ride at Universal Studios Florida
4. Thrill Weekly Poll: King of Halloween 2013 – You choose the best haunted attractions
3. Kings Dominion reveals 2013 operating schedule plus dates for Halloween Haunt
2. Bands cancelling out on obligations with SeaWorld due to Blackfish backlash
1. Behind the Thrills Homepage
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read what we have to say here at Behind the Thrills. From everyone at Behind the Thrills, thank you and have a happy new year!