Spring is near and many theme park and entertainment fans know what that means: it’s the season for theme parks and it’s going to begin very shortly depending on location. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is one of the first seasonal theme parks in the northern part of the United States to open every year, and this year is no different. In less than a week, Busch Gardens Williamsburg will open their gates for the 2014 season for park visitors.
Special Events happening in 2014…
- Sesame Street Forest of Fun celebrates 5th anniversary: Busch Gardens will be hosting special fun and festivities from April 4 – April 6th, plus feature special showings of Elmo Rocks in the Teatro Di San Marco.
- Apollo’s Chariot celebrates 15th anniversary: I’ll be honest with you.. Apollo’s Chariot is one of my favorite roller coasters of all time! Apollo’s Chariot is celebrating it’s 15th anniversary this year (gosh… has it really been 15 years?!). If you’re visiting the park, Apollo’s Chariot is a must ride, but don’t forget about other attractions like Verbolten, The Loch Ness Monster, Alpengeist, and Griffon.
Video: Official POV of Apollo’s Chariot
- Land of the Dragons celebrates 20th anniversary: Busch Gardens has revitalized Land of the Dragons over the winter, giving it a fresh and brand-new look. There are also other new enhancements that have been added including the return of the Dragon’s roar, added shade, and added water effects. Be sure to swing by Land of the Dragons and recreate some of your memories from your childhood and share them on Busch Gardens Williamsburg’s Facebook wall.
New in 2014…
London Rocks: Brand new for 2014 is London Rocks, a 25-minute live action and multi-media rock spectacular in the England section of the park. Guests will be taken on a journey that explores rock-n-roll roots.
- Jack Hanna Weekend: Join Jack Hanna at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on April 12th and 13th as he educates park guests on conservation and animals in the Teatro Di San Marco theater.
- Food & Wine Festival: From May 23 – June 29th, experience flavors from around the world. In this Food & Wine Festival, guests will be able to sample small portions of various dishes from around the globe for a small fee.
- Glory at the Gardens: Glory at the Gardens combines some of the biggest names in Christian music and the family friendly environment Busch Gardens Williamsburg has to offer. Concert dates and the line-up has yet to be announced, so stay tuned for more information.
- Busch Gardens LIVE: Busch Gardens LIVE features live music plus all the thrills and more that Busch Gardens Williamsburg has to offer. Concert dates and the line-up has yet to be announced, so stay tuned for more information.
- Howl-o-Scream: Scared of things that go bump in the night? Howl-o-Scream offers thrills and chills during Howl-o-Scream, where the park is transformed into a chilling haunt.
- Christmas Town: Celebrate the Christmas festivities at Busch Gardens Williamsburg’s Christmas Town with a variety of shows, rides, and festive shopping to do! With more than 6 million lights, you’re sure to be dazzled. Christmas Town is a separately ticketed event.
For more information about Busch Gardens Williamsburg, visit the official website by clicking here.