Last year, Universal Orlando made history with Give Kids the World as the resort rolled out the very first vacation package that gives guests the chance to not only enjoy their vacation, but also give a little back as well. This year Universal Orlando is extending that good will and continuing the partnership with Give Kids the World.
Due to its popularity among visiting families, Universal Orlando Resort has announced that it will continue through 2014 to offer a one-of-a-kind vacation package allowing guests to spend cherished family time in its theme parks and then to create unforgettable memories for children at Give Kids The World Village.
Give Kids The World Village (GKTW) is a 70-acre, nonprofit “storybook” resort that immerses children with life-threatening illnesses and their families in joy, hope, laughter and non-stop fun at Central Florida’s world-class attractions.
“Give Kids The World Village is truly a special place and is our favorite charity to be a part of,” said Dr. Brian Lahmann who recently volunteered at GKTW with his family during their Universal Orlando Resort vacation. “As a previous ‘wish family’…it holds a special place in our hearts, as we visited there just after our Nolan finished chemotherapy for leukemia.”
With this vacation offer, guests spend two days enjoying unparalleled thrills at the Universal Orlando theme parks and one day making the dreams of children with life-threatening illnesses come true as they come face-to-face with their favorite storybook characters, get their faces painted, receive makeovers and more. Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations will also continue to donate $100 to Give Kids The World for every package booked.
The package details are below:
Give Kids The World Volunteer Vacation Package for
**Pricing starts at $359 per adult, tax inclusive. No additional fees to volunteer.
**Pricing for Universal Orlando’s On-Site Hotels starts at $625 per adult, tax inclusive. No additional fees to volunteer.
|Package includes the following benefits:
· 2-day Park-to-Park tickets with 3rd day FREE – one theme park, per day (Must be used by May 22, 2014)
· A four-hour volunteer opportunity at Give Kids The World Village
· FREE scheduled roundtrip transportation to and from Give Kids The World Village
· Early Park Admission to Universal’s Islands of Adventure to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter before the rest of the general public
Vacation package must be booked by December 12, 2014, for travel through December 17, 2014.
Guests can not only get the best that Universal has to offer, but also get some great experiences in the Give Kids the World Village, and see the joy that their help can bring to kids who normally have things rough, due to illness.
Guests can help with:
· Character Photos – Volunteers will share the special moment when children come face-to-face with their favorite storybook characters.
· La-Ti-Da-Spa – Volunteers assist with makeovers, including face-painting, nails, makeup, hand massage and airbrush tattoos. Volunteers 16 and older.
· Gingerbread House – Volunteers engage in high interaction with special guests by serving breakfast, running food, refilling drinks, bussing tables and clean-up.
· Express Breakfast – Volunteers serve breakfast food to-go and are responsible for greeting guests, taking orders and packaging food.
Volunteers must be a minimum of 8-years-old to participate and those under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Interested participants must complete an online application and waiver. Volunteers 18 and older are required to complete a background check.