Kings Dominion just kicked off their 40th season this year. Kings Dominion just opened this past weekend to guests and guests who are going to visit can start planning their vacations and start getting excited about the all new Spring Bloom which will debut this Spring, as well as some very special surprises. Kings Dominion also announced dates for their popular Halloween event, Halloween Haunt.
2014 Kings Dominion Operating Calendar (click to view full size):
2014 WaterWorks Operating Calendar (Click to view full size):
Halloween Haunt will open on September 26th, and run all the way until November 2nd, 2014. Kings Dominion opened on April 5th and there are a ton of new events and returning favorites just for the 40th anniversary celebration.
Here’s some of the fun:
- A 40th Celebration Pin Collector Trading Program with commemorative pins, which will be released throughout the year to collect, trade and enjoy.
- Unlimited Dinosaurs Alive! visits for 2014 Gold and Platinum Season Passholders
- Ruby, the 40th Celebration custom painted Carousel horse, is being completely restored by a local Richmond artist. This is part of a multi-year project to restore and repaint all of the horses on the Carousel.
- Border Cafe will be completely renovated along International Street and will feature hand-crafted burritos, nachos, tacos, quesadilla and more.
- Travel back in time and learn about the rich history of Kings Dominion with our Walk of Memories boards from the 1970’s to 2000’s, which will be located around the Eiffel Tower.
- Retro items to t-shirts to coffee mugs, guests can find all things KD40th in the 40th Celebration Merchandise Store, which will be located in the Starlight Gift Shop on International Street.
- Tower Pizza will be renovated and renamed the Coca-Cola Pizza Parlor, featuring more room inside to cool off during the dog days of summer and new limited-time only pizza toppings throughout the year.
- Volcano: The Blast Coaster is getting a face-lift with an improved entrance and exit line, which will mean more riders per hour can experience this iconic park attraction. Also beginning is a multi-year project to improve the look of the mountain, which will include new concrete and paint.
- A fresh, new coat of paint for Anaconda. The columns will be painted green, the supports for the track will be red and the running rails will be yellow.
- The family-favorite Blue Ice Cream will be sold at Sweet Tooth, located near the Drop Tower, in the newly re-themed Candy Apple Grove.
- The infamous strolling Clown Band – direct from the 80’s and one of the most recognized entertainment groups – brings its shenanigans back to the streets of Kings Dominion.
- The larger than life iconic Floral Clock will officially make its return to Kings Dominion in the Spring right in its original location.
- Kings Dominion is excited to announce the iconic ‘Singing Mushrooms’ will make their grand return in the Spring of 2014 as part of the kick-off to the park’s 40th Celebration. They will feature the original four colorful mushrooms along with the infamous frog, all singing to their favorite barbershop songs.
- A complete restoration of the iconic International Street fountain, which will include a new LED lighting package and additional refurbishments.
- Reintroduction of one of the park’s original classic midways, Candy Apple Grove. This re-themed area will include new ride lighting packages, return of the classic over-sized candy apples along the midway and other surprises.
If that’s not enough fun, the park will be hosting a slew of events this year.
- Spring Bloom Festival (April 5th-May 18th) -This all new event will transform International Street into a kaleidoscope of vibrant colors with thousands of blooms. Will feature unique spring food and beverages, and bands performing during select dates.
- Easter EGGstravaganza (April 18th-20th)-Highlights include an Easter EGGsploration scavenger hunt, petting zoo, Easter crafts, photo opportunities with Eggward the Easter Bunny and more!
- Military Days (May 24th-26th, July 4th-5th)-The park will pay tribute to our brave military service men and women by offering FREE park admission to any active, inactive or retired United States Service men and women with a valid military I.D. Enjoy activities planned each day along International Street.
- Kingfest (June 26th-28th)-Three full days of Christian music featuring speakers and singers of praise and worship featuring TobyMac, Switchfoot, Newsboys and more.
- Joyfest (July 19th)-A celebration of Gospel Music featuring some of today’s top talent including Kirk Franklin, Tamela Mann, Sherri Shepherd and emcee – Bone Hampton.
Kings Dominion is now open for the 2014 season! Tickets and annual passes are currently on sale, and most events are included with theme park admission.
Stay tuned as we bring you more from Kings Dominion’s 40th Anniversary, and be sure to follow along with us on Twitter @BehindThrills for the latest updates.