It’s only May but Halloween is already on the brain for a lot of industry professionals. There’s several different haunter conventions that take place during the summer to get haunters ready for this coming haunt season where they’re going to scare the hell out of their guests. Scare LA is pretty much the last haunt convention before the haunt season gets into full swing, and it will be returning to Los Angeles this summer on August 9th and 10th.
So far, this year’s event will include:
- More than 100 vendor booths, including makers and artists for make-up, props, sets, animatronics, and more
- More than 40 hours of classes and workshops on DIY haunt stuff, like makeup, prop and set building, pumpkin carving, Halloween crafts and decor, and magic
- Reveals and sneakpeeks behind the scenes of some of your favorite haunted attractions, including: Halloween Horror Nights, Knotts Scary Farm, Los Angeles Haunted Hayride, Dark Harbor, and more
- Interactive experiences including Haunted Hollywood Sports’s Zombie Shooting Range, haunted walk through from Terror Trucks, and more
- Live performances and other types of live entertainment
Tickets to the event are still on sale and will be discounted through May 19th before the price of tickets go up. If you’re interested in attending, buy your tickets now and save 30% by using the promotional code “PRESCARE”. Tickets, including premium tickets, are still available, but note that there is a limited quantity of premium tickets available and they may sell out.
Click here to buy tickets today!
ScareLA has just updated their line up for this year’s event, and it will have all you grim grinning ghosts coming out to socialize.
Saturday August 9th ScareLA will celebrate the 45th anniversary of everyone’s favorite mansion, Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion with a special presentation hosted by Doombuggies.com’s Jeff Baham. “When Hinges Creek” will feature the history of the attraction and will feature extra special guest, Disney Legend Bob Gurr, who developed the ride system for Walt Disney in the ’60s that is used in the Mansion. Bob will share stories of the attraction’s development at WED Enterprises, and discuss the men and women that helped create the most beloved “haunted house” of all time.
Sunday August 9th will see Halloween Horror Nights Creative John Murdy and Chris Williams will also be on hand once again. Last year the duo who creates many of Universal Studios Hollywood’s most memorable Halloween Horror Nights mazes revealed that Insidious would be at the event. It’s a pretty good bet that they will once again make a huge revelation about this year’s event, and guests will be able to hear it first.
Stay tuned as we bring you even more from Scare LA!