It’s becoming an annual rite of passage at Disney Parks. Who can survive 24 hours of Disney magic? The tradition kicked off in 2012 with “One more Disney Day” and continued in 2013 with a “Monsterous Sleep Over” and in 2014, Disney wants you to “Rock Your Disney Side”. Disney will kick off summer in style this coming Friday and they have a huge array of events lined up for guests to keep them “Rockin” through the day and in the wee hours of the morning. Both Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney’s California Adventure will be open from 6 a.m. May 23rd until 6 a.m. May 24th.
So how will you rock your Disney Side? Both coasts have a big line of events scheduled, including rare characters, special parties and movie marathons.
Let’s start with Magic Kingdom in Florida:
- Disney Villains will be the focus as tons of villains line in different spots throughout the park, as well as in the “It’s good to be bad” cavalcade before the Main Street Electrical Parade
- Nighttime dancing around Cinderella Castle and Frontierland
- Kick off of the Incredibles Dance Party, which will be going on nightly all summer long
- Showing of The Incredibles at the Rocket Tower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland
Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure:
- 6a.m. fireworks as the parks open for the 24 hours
- Olaf from Frozen in a larger than life sand sculpture
- “Avengers Super Hero Movie Marathon” throughout the day and overnight in the Magic Eye Theater in Tomorrowland
- After-midnight performance of “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade
- Dance-till-dawn parties at the Tomorrowland Terrace Dance Club and the Sleeping Beauty Castle Forecourt Dance Club
- Disney Villains are planning an overnight “takeover” of the Royal Hall in Fantasy Faire
- All-night “Mad T Party,” dancing in Pacific Wharf and Paradise Garden
- Special 3 a.m. performance of “World of Color”
The 24 hour party is just the beginning of all the summer fun. Walt Disney World will be rolling out the all new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, as well as a revamped Lion King Show and a huge new party at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Plus Star Wars Weekends will expand the universe at Disney’s Hollywood Studios until early June.