Disneyland is getting ready to kick off Halloween in a big way with Mickey’s Halloween Party. The annual upcharge event will bring in a few new surprises this year as well as returning favorites. In addition, Disney has given a sneak peek at this year’s Haunted Mansion Holiday Gingerbread House.
This year the gingerbread house featured in the Haunted Mansion Holiday will be a little scary, drawing inspiration from the medieval torture device, the iron maiden. A gingerbread zombie gets caught in the action, between the peppermint spikes.
Haunted Mansion Holiday will turn the classic Disneyland attraction into a fun romp through the world of Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas. For the Halloween season, another Disney attraction, Space Mountain gets turned into “Ghost Galaxy” which makes the ride through the dark a little more terrifying.
Both will be part of this year’s Mickey’s Halloween Party, as well as some new fun. This year, the Frozen pre-parade will be added on to the already fun Mickey’s Costume Cavalcade parade. Villains will also be roaming the streets and arriving to Town Square in typical bad guy fashion.
Here’s more fun to expect from this year’s Halloween Party:
- The opportunity to play in Disneyland park three hours before the party starts
- Trick or Treating for candy and healthy treats in the ultimate Disney neighborhood
- “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party, weather permitting)
- “Monsters U Dance Party” at Tomorrowland Terrace
- Cadaver Dans, a ghoulish quartet performing Halloween-themed tunes aboard a drifting graveyard-themed raft on the Rivers of America
- Access to your favorite Disneyland park attractions, including Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy