Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa has been doing Halloween longer than many other haunted attractions in the Tampa Bay area. Howl O Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa may be celebrating 15 years, the zoo is going into their 16th year of fun and frights for Halloween. The Zoo’s Halloween event, ZooBoo, is returning for 2014 and will bring an all new haunted experience, as well as some fun for the little ones. This year, terror has a new address.
ZooBoo will kick off with “Shriek Peek Weekend” on September 26th and will run for select nights through November 1st. The event features six hair raising haunted attractions that range from kid friendly, to super scary. ZooBoo also features a huge variety of games, and of course rides.
Here’s the list of attractions for this year’s Zoo Boo:
- Little Beasties Bungalow-A family friendly attraction with lights and smiling characters. A fun walkthrough for the little ones
- French Quarter Phantoms 3D-Themed to the ghosts of New Orleans, guests go down by the bayou and through one of the most haunted cities in America
- Wake the Dead-A romp with a ghost host through some of Tampa’s ghost stories. Can you survive the monsters and mayhem that want to keep you for their own?
- Pharaoh’s Tomb of Revenge-Ancient Egyptian artifacts come to life and seek revenge for those who have imprisoned them for so long
- Tangled Terror-Mad scientists have been experimenting on plants…that died. Now the plants have come back to life, with hideous mutations, and they seek revenge
- London Frightmares-All new for 2014, London Frightmares will take guests along the path of the notorious city where killers roamed, and the serial killer was born
Lowry Park Zoo offers huge discounts for the first weekend, and will offer tons of Halloween fun for all ages. ZooBoo will be open select nights beginning September 26th and will run all the way until November 1st.