Wild Days at SeaWorld Orlando has shaped up to become a great way not only to get in touch with nature, and see the amazing animals from around the planet, but it’s also become the place where SeaWorld showcases their conservation and rescue efforts. They’ve had Jungle Jack Hannah appear, as well as the cast of “Sea Rescue”. This year, the park is bringing in a little kid power to help get the message across.
Bindi Irwin, daughter of “Crocodile Hunter” Steve Irwin, and the focal point of SeaWorld’s Generation Nature series will be on hand to get the festivities rolling.
Bindi became the voice of SeaWorld’s “Kidservation” effort-SeaWorld Kids in 2014. She has been featured in several online webisodes on the official SeaWorld Kids website. The goal of Bindi’s involvement is to help make kids aware of the animals in the world we live in, as well as to show them what they can do to help protect and save them, by taking simple small steps.
For Wild Days Bindi will be on hand for Generation Nature:Live, an all new show where she will help kids become “Game Changers for Nature.” The show will feature interactive games to uncover their “Nature IQ,” animals and more!
We were able to chat with Bindi last year about SeaWorld Kids and Generation Nature:
Wild Days happens for three weekends beginning January 24th, and runs until February 8th. Each weekend will focus on a different fun aspect of getting closer to the animals. Here’s some of the other highlights.
Penguin Lovers Weekend:
- SeaWorld’s Animal Ambassador Julie Scardina hosts a cool weekend of wildlife surprises, with a special focus on penguins!
- Julie’s shows at The Nautilus Theater invite you to meet amazing animals, hear their compelling stories, and learn more about our natural world.
- Then, dance the day way at the Antarctica – Empire of The Penguin Block Party, featuring a high-energy DJ, character appearances, and even a close-up encounter with penguins!
- Enjoy a high-energy, fun-filled show, packed with cool and quirky animal facts designed to inspire kids to become Game Changers for Nature.
- Play interactive games to uncover your family’s “Nature IQ” and meet awesome animals.
- Learn about surprisingly small ways YOU can take action to make a BIG difference for wildlife and the world we share.
- Then, dance the day away at The SEA Garden at our fun-filled Block Party featuring a high-energy DJ, whimsical Storyteller, animal encounters, and special character appearances!
- World-renowned animal expert Jungle Jack Hanna returns to SeaWorld for a weekend of wild encounters!
- Join Jungle Jack at The Nautilus Theater to meet amazing animals, hear their compelling stories, and learn more about our natural world.
- Then, dance the day away at The SEA Garden at the fun-filled Block Party featuring a high-energy DJ, whimsical Storyteller, animal encounters, and special character appearances!
Visit the Education Stations at the SEA Garden and the entrance to Sea Lion & Otter Theater to collect all six limited edition Wild Days trading cards, plus play fun activities to learn how you can do your part to help the environment.
Throughout Wild Days, SeaWorld trainers will be on hand to introduce you to some SeaWorld animal friends. Discover what goes into training, feeding and loving these animals every single day, plus ask questions of your own! Please see in-park flyer for times and locations.
There will also be a super fun Wild Days Weekend Picnic on Saturday January 31st, as well as a special Breakfast and Dinner with Jack Hannah during Jack Hannah Weekends. The Jack Hannah dining will be a special Dine with Shamu VIP dining experience, and will bring guests not only closer with the park’s Killer Whale family, but will also bring some great stories from Jack Hanna.
Wild Days is all included with theme park admission, and is only a small part of the huge line up that SeaWorld Orlando has planned for 2015.
Stay tuned for more from SeaWorld Orlando, and be sure to get social with us on Facebook, and follow along with us on Twitter @BehindThrills for the latest updates!
For more information about SeaWorld Orlando, including tickets, visit the official website by clicking here!