Kentucky Kingdom must be feeling a little cocky. The park reopened in 2014, added a huge new coaster, and will be kicking off the 2015 season with some major new and revamped attractions. The fun, however, started earlier today on Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #KingdomSeven. So what is it, and when will we know about it?
The park is definitely trying to stir up talk with #KingdomSeven, but what exactly is it? Is it a new ride? A new ad campaign?
The only possible thing we can think of is that the park plans on opening seven new attractions for this season. The park has already announced five.
- T3-The park will reopen the revamped suspended coaster as T3 with a huge new make over
- Cyclos-A huge pendulum swinging ride that will take guests over and around on a huge tower
- Raging Rapids Ride-The classic whitewater ride will soak guests to the bone as they take on the raging river
- Skycatcher-A 130 foot swing ride that will take guests up and over for a breathtaking view
- Enterprise-A classic spinning flat ride that takes guests up, over and around
So, if we’re talking about #KingdomSeven, it could mean that the park will announce two more attractions (be it large or small) for the 2015 season.
At this point, that’s really all we have to go on, but we’ll keep a close eye on it.
When you get a gut feeling, go with it. A reader points out a news story from WDRB that lines up exactly what Kentucky Kingdom has planned. The park asked the state for over $3 million dollars in tax incentives. The story also goes on to state that the park is spending $15 million on SEVEN RIDES FOR 2015. The park will have three refurbished rides, and four new rides.
T3 and the Rapids ride and Enterprise are the three refurbished rides.
So the park is going to announce two more new rides. We could expect that announcement any day now.
Follow the #KingdomSeven hashtag on Twitter for the latest.