The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is just under two months away, and we’re piecing together some of the details about this year’s event. With a new year comes several new additions to the annual festival which celebrates spring in the biggest way. The event brings together the flowers of the season, as well as tastes, sounds and even some classes from some of the biggest names in home improvement. This year the festival is going to feature some all new Disney topiaries, including one that guests can’t seem to “Let Go”.
Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival kicks off on March 4th and runs all the way until May 17th. During the festival, guests will get to experience dozens of Topiary, including the all new “Goofy About Spring” vignettes at the front entrance. The topiary scene will star Chip and Dale, but as you can probably guess, it will also include Goofy getting in on the fun.
Speaking of topiary, this year will see Frozen taking a new form as Anna and Elsa are sculpted out of plants! Sure, some would hope to “let it go” (yeah, we just can’t help it…it’s a crutch), but let’s face it…those plants are going to have a line of people just to go and take a picture of themselves in front of them. The real question here is, just how long will people wait to take a picture with plants?
Here’s some of the other events that guests will be able to experience at Flower and Garden:
- The Frozen Topiary Vignette-Located in World Showcase Plaza, the display will feature white and silver blooms of delphinium, alyssum as well as Gerbera daisies, petunias, Sweet William and many others
- Tinker Bell’s Butterfly House-Guests will be able to see tons of butterflies, as well as learn about the cycle and journey of the Monarch…plus see some of your favorite friends from Pixie Hollow
- Ten mini gardens-There will be gardens hidden everywhere, including a “Shakespere Garden” with flowers that will represent all of the bards’ tales. There will even be a health garden, filled with herbs and plants used for centuries for medicinal purposes
- Gardening Seminars-In the Festival Center, guests will be able to pick the brains and watch demonstrations from the gardeners who bring the Flower and Garden festival to life
- Outdoor Kitchens-For the third year the food and beverages inspired by gardens and spring return. There will be sure to be some new tastes and flavors, as well as some tasty new beverages
- Flower Power Concert Series-Every weekend a new artist will perform nightly. While some have been announced, others haven’t. Below we have a list of artists that are scheduled to appear
The Gin Blossoms: March 6-8
Pablo Cruise: March 13-15
En Vogue: March 20-22
Star Ship: March 27-29
The Orchestra with Former members of ELO: April 3-5
The Village People: April 10-12
Jon Secada: April 17-19
The Guess Who: April 24 – 26
Taylor Dayne: May 1-3
Little River Band: May 8-10
Herman’s Hermits with Peter Noone: May 15-17
The 22nd annual International Flower and Garden Festival is included with Epcot admission, however things like merchandise and food from the outdoor kitchens are not.
Stay tuned for more from Walt Disney World, and be sure to get social with us on Facebook, and follow along with us on Twitter @BehindThrills for the latest updates!