Halloween is scary, and that’s not a bad thing…unless you’re a kid. Halloween can be terrifying for kids. Theme parks usually capitalize on the holiday, and make events geared towards adults. That’s fine, but sometimes you need a break from the chainsaws. SeaWorld Orlando is bringing back their annual Shamu Halloween Spooktacular this October, and it’s a lot of spooky fun for the entire family.
This year, Spooktacular returns on October 3rd, and runs every weekend from noon until 7p.m. until Halloween!
Video-Check out highlights from Spooktacular 2014
The fun will include trick or treating, costumes, a dance party and more. It’s all included in theme park admission, and it’s great fun for every age!
Waves of Trick-or-Treat Fun – Costumed youngsters can trick-or-treat for ghoulish goodies. Each sea-themed, trick-or-treat station features an assortment of candy favorites including Tootsie Roll®, Jelly Beans®, Airheads®, just to name a few.
· Penelope’s Party Zone – This dynamic “underwater” environment comes to life each weekend with a live DJ, a variety of craft opportunities, bubbles floating overhead and colorful sea-themed characters. The zone is located on SeaWorld’s Bayside Pathway.
· Returning Fan Favorite: Sesame Street’s Countdown to Halloween – Celebrate a Spooktacular Halloween at SeaWorld with The Count, Elmo, Abby, and the rest of everyone’s Sesame Street friends! The Count is feeling lonely this Halloween, and it’s up to you and the loveable monsters from Sesame Street to get him into the Halloween spirit. Batty bats and spooky skeletons join the fun in a song filled stage show that invites you and your family to dance, play, and sing along.
· Spooktacular Dance Party – Children join Princess Penelope and her under-the-sea friends for a Spooktacular Dance Party where they can participate in line-dancing favorites as clouds of bubbles fill the evening air. The party will kick off at the Village Square in the front of the park every event night one hour before park closing.
Spectacular Spooky Add-Ons:
· Dine With Shamu® Halloween Spooktacular Brunch – Guests can celebrate with an immersive and memorable brunch experience at Dine With Shamu®. They will enjoy seasonal items and reserved tables that bring them up close to majestic killer whales. There also are some Halloween surprises including a family photo in a decorative frame and a free cookie decorating kit. Prices begin at $28 plus tax for adults and $16 plus tax for kids.
· Sweet Treat Decorating – Kids and parents alike can have a “splash” decorating their own sweet treats at the cookie decorating stations. The kits include a cookie, frosting and toppings and are available for $7.