Howl O Scream might have JUST wrapped up, but Busch Gardens Williamsburg is working their elves overtime to get the park ready to unwrap the parks annual Christmas Town! The park is unveiling some all new features, including an all new show. The park will have eight million Christmas lights when the event opens on November 27th! Are you ready for some Holly Jolly fun?
The landscape of Busch Gardens Williamsburg makes it the perfect place to spend the holidays, with tons of shows just for Christmas Town. The park opens in mid afternoon, and gives families the chance to not only see the millions of lights, but also ride some of the signature attractions, weather permitting.
World champion and two-time Olympic silver medalist Elvis Stojko will headline a new holiday-themed ice show at Christmas Town, Twas That Night. The show is based on the popular poem A Visit From St. Nicholas, published in 1823 by Clement Moore, and will be performed at Busch Gardens’ Royal Palace Theatre. Busch Gardens’ entertainment team is transforming the theater’s stage into a glistening frozen pond, creating a nostalgic sense of wonderment during the retelling of this popular Christmas classic. The poem which the show is based on is where we get our idea of Santa Claus, and many other Christmas traditions, so it looks like a fun retelling of a classic.
Other returning shows include:
- Gloria-Ireland’s Abbey Stone Theatre comes alive with the joyous re-telling the story of the first Christmas. Bring the entire family to experience the inspiring music and dance of Gloria! Contemporary and traditional songs, from the park’s finest talent, merge to highlight and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.
- Deck the Halls-Venture inside Das Festhaus®, festively decorated with garlands, twinkling lights and other holiday finery, to experience the season’s joy and warmth with Deck the Halls, a live musical tribute to Christmas traditions. Dance and sing along with Frosty the Snowman, animated toy soldiers and the park’s festively attired performers. This special show will be the essence of your Christmas Town experience.
- O’ Tannenbaum- Your Christmas Town experience culminates in a multi-colored spectacular light show O’ Tannenbaum. Gather with friends around our majestic 50-foot Christmas tree, sip a hot beverage and dance to the booming holiday musical score. The iconic tree creates a sense of community that will stay with you long after you leave the park.
- Miracles- Italy’s Il Teatro di San Marco Theatre has been transformed into a magical backdrop for an uplifting celebration of the spirit of Christmas. Ordinary miracles appear extraordinary in this passionate, action-filled program that will touch your soul. The show’s classical and contemporary dance movements coupled with live vocalists will inspire you to reach for the stars.
- Scrooge No More-Join Scrooge live on stage in an all-new musical at the Globe Theatre as he is swept away by the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future, who teach him the importance of family and friends being together at Christmas.
Rides such as all the smaller family rides, Verbolten, the train, and Sky Ride will be open. While guests can thrill on Mach Tower in the summer, during Christmas Town, it’s a nice slow paced look at the entire park from the highest point. Nacht Tower will take guests all the way up, but gently bring them back down instead of the fast free fall.
Stay tuned for more from Busch Gardens , and be sure to get social with us on Facebook and follow along with us on Twitter @BehindThrills for the latest updates!
For our latest theme park videos please be sure to subscribe to us on YouTube!