In just a few days Disneyland will debut it’s all new Season of the Force Star Wars celebration to the world. It will be the epicenter of all things Star Wars and gathering place for the biggest and most fanatical fans in the Galaxy. This afternoon Disney Parks released a few press photos giving us our first look in the Star Wars Launch Bay, the main exhibit of Season of the Force.
Located in the Tomorrowland Expo Center (Formerly Innoventions) The Star Wars Launch Bay will house Meet and Greets, Sets, Props, Costumes, Interactive Experiences and tons of Photo Ops for fans to enjoy.
Guests entering will be greeted by a the iconic words that star every true Star Wars experience, “A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…” A very fitting opening for the Launch Bay.
Once Inside, Guests are immersed into the world of Star Wars like never before met with an array of sights, sounds, and so much more.
Star Wars Launch Bay
Located on the lower level of the Tomorrowland Expo Center, Star Wars Launch Bay is the central space for fans to celebrate all things Star Wars.
- First Order stormtroopers patrolling the area outside Launch Bay are on a mission to find members of the Resistance. Inside, guests may encounter iconic characters Darth Vader, Chewbacca or even Boba Fett.
- Inspired by the iconic opening crawl in every Star Wars film, a welcoming text scroll on the carpet will greet guests as they enter the experience.
- The Cantina is a unique experience inspired by the “hive of scum and villainy” guests will recognize from the Star Wars films. From bounty hunters and smugglers to aliens, guests never know who they may meet here.
- The Cantina becomes the gathering place to take memorable photos with a holochess or sabacc table. (Sabacc is a popular card game played throughout the galaxy, often with high stakes. Holochess is a chess-like game that utilizes holographic representations of the playing pieces.)
- Guests may join the Resistance or come to the dark side, choosing a path that takes them into one of two character greeting experiences.
- When it’s time to meet the character, portal doors open to welcome guests into a fully immersive 360-degree space, inspired by a Rebel base or Star Destroyer.
- Throughout the space, guests will find Aurebesh writings in the environment. Aurebesh is a writing system used to transcribe Basic, the most used language in the Star Wars galaxy.
- Guests may play current and upcoming Star Wars video games at the Game Center, including new and exclusive Disney Infinity 3.0 content created exclusively for this experience.
- Exploring the Light Side Gallery, guests will find replicas of iconic helmets and lightsabers once wielded by Jedi heroes, including Luke Skywalker. And in the Dark Side Gallery, they’ll discover replicas of helmets and lightsabers used by the Sith, mortal enemies of the Jedi.
- Large-scale replicas of film props, costumes, ship models, droids, artwork and other notable items are on display for Star Wars fans to enjoy.
Season of the Force and the Star Wars Launch Bay open at Disneyland this Monday Nov. 16! A slightly different version of Season of the Force is also expected to open in January at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando.