Walt Disney World has held one of the top Christian Music Festivals in the country for many years at Magic Kingdom. Today the Disney Parks Blog announced that tickets were on sale, and that the event has grown! It will now be two days, and will be at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex!
The event will now span two nights, and will take place at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. This will be a huge change from the normal event, as it will strictly become a music festival. Normally, guests could catch the concerts, and still go check out some of the fun rides at Magic Kingdom.
Here’s the line up:
- Friday, September 9 – MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Battistelli, Crowder, Matthew West, Stars Go Dim, Zealand Worship
- Saturday, September 10 – Newsboys, for King & Country, Young & Free, Switchfoot, Red, Thousand Foot Krutch, Timmons, Veridia
Let’s also note that the two day event is on the same two days at Universal Orlando’s Rock The Universe, which may also be a first.
There are tons of new ticket options, which will allow guests to choose how much of the event they want to experience, as well as add on some days at a Walt Disney World park.
Here’s the ticket break down:
- A single-night, concert only ticket for Friday, September 9 – $39 plus tax (in advance); $45 the day of the show (if available).
- A single-night concert and one-day Disney theme park ticket (valid for one of the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks) for Saturday, September 10 – $99 plus tax (in advance); $114 plus tax the day of the show (if available).
- A two-night concert ticket (which includes both nights’ concerts and one-day Disney theme park ticket (valid for one of the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks) – $119 plus tax (in advance).
Note that the one day ticket is for Saturday, September 10th only.
This is a huge change from the past, and it really means that the parks are proving to be too popular to shut down early that time of year. Plus, parks like Hollywood Studios are undergoing massive amounts of construction, making the park pretty much unusable for the event.
One other side note, if you order tickets before August 9th, you will also receive one admission to your choice of Disney’s Blizzard Beach or Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon valid from September 6 – September 12, 2016.
Stay tuned for more from Disney, and be sure to get social with us on Facebook and follow along with us on Twitter @BehindThrills for the latest updates!
For our latest theme park videos please be sure to subscribe to us on YouTube!
For more information about Walt Disney World, including tickets, visit the official website by clicking here!