It is one of our most highly anticipated new attractions of the year! Cobra’s Curse at Busch Gardens Tampa will open this Friday, and will put a new spin on family entertainment.
The family coaster will open on June 17th, after a rough start. The new attraction will not only be a family thrill rise, but will also tell a distinct story, something that Busch Gardens hasn’t done on a coaster before. The new attraction will also focus on one of the most feared and misunderstood creatures in the world, snakes.
Here’s a few facts about the ride:
· One-of-a-kind spin coaster features a menacing 30,000-pound snake king icon and a 70-foot vertical lift that will take riders within inches of its 3 foot-wide eyes and 4-foot-long fangs.
· During the three-and-a-half-minute ride, the coaster trains speed along at 40 mph down 2,100 feet of serpentine-like track, travelling backward, forward and then spinning freely.
· Guests will experience a new spin with each ride. Each train spins randomly, with frequency and direction determined by the rider weight distribution.
· The ride’s air-conditioned queue naturally fuels guests’ adrenaline with an immersive themed experience and a state-of-the-art snake exhibit featuring four exotic snake species including some of the world’s most feared and often misunderstood vipers.
· Riders must be 48 inches to ride, or 42 inches with a parent or guardian.
The ride is the centerpiece of the newly revamped Egypt area that features a new shop, new games and more!
We will be bringing you all the fun this Thursday as we take a look at the all new coaster, or at Busch Gardens!