With Hurricane Matthew starting to impact us here in Florida, several of the Theme Parks have begun to implement operational changes and closures due to the severity of the storm.
Walt Disney World:
- ALL Walt Disney World Parks, Disney Springs, miniature golf courses and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will be closed on Friday. They are to reopen on Saturday. Hours are as Follow:
- Magic Kingdom: 8am-Midnight
- Epcot: 8am-10pm
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 8am-8pm
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8am-8:30pm Extra Magic Hours: 7am-8am
- Disney Springs: 10am-Midnight
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach: 10am-5pm
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon: 10am-5pm
- Miniature Golf Courses: 10am-11pm
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: 6:45am-3:30pm (No Events are Scheduled)
- EPCOT World Showcase will open at 11:00 AM on Saturday. Frozen Ever After will open at 8AM.
- Disney Springs will be reopening at 5pm Friday for Walt Disney World hotel guests only. A limited number of locations will be open.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled for tonight, Friday, October 7, 2016. For re-booking, refunds and other options, please call (407) 939-7818 beginning at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on Monday, October 10, 2016. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds are closed now through Sunday. The Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ performances for Friday are canceled.
- The Spirit of Aloha dinner shows at the Disney Polynesian Village Resort will be canceled on Friday.
- Spa Locations including the La Vida Health Club at Disney’s Coronado Springs, Senses and both The Grand Floridan and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and both the Ship Shape Massage Salon and Fitness at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club are closed will reopen on Saturday.
- Characters in Flight is be closed till Sunday.
- Select Weekend Events at the ESPN Wild World of Sports Complex have been canceled. The Disney Cross Country Classic ad Baseball Canada’s Friday and Saturday Games and Practices have been canceled.
- Walt Disney World is reportedly working with guests on cancellations, and waiving the cancellation fees.
Sea World Orlando:
- SeaWorld Orlando will operate from noon to 7 p.m on Saturday.
- Aquatica will open at noon and close at 5 p.m. on Saturday.
- Discovery Cove will resume normal operating hours on Saturday; visitors can check in beginning at 7:15 a.m.
- Universal Orlando and Citywalk will closed on Friday. Halloween Horror Nights is Canceled for Friday. Normal Operations resume on Saturday.
- Gatorland will be closed on Friday.
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex:
- The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will be closed Friday. The Visitor Complex is anticipated to reopen Saturday at 9 am.
We will be OPEN Saturday, Oct. 8 and Sunday, Oct. 9 from 10am-8pm. Brick or Treat will take place as scheduled. We will remain closed today.
- LEGOLAND Hotel will be open to admit arriving guests. In the event that a hurricane warning is issued by the National Hurricane Center for the Orlando, Fla., area or a guest’s place of residence within seven days of his or her scheduled arrival date, guests may call in advance to reschedule or cancel a LEGOLAND Hotel booking without any cancellation or change fees. In this case, guests also may reschedule any LEGOLAND Florida Theme Park or LEGOLAND Florida Water Park tickets booked through LEGOLAND directly, with no additional fees. If tickets were purchased through a third party, LEGOLAND cannot reschedule or cancel them. For assistance, please email LLF.Experience@LEGOLAND.com or call 1-877-350-5346 (toll-free).
- The event was supposed to take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Due to hurricane Matthew, the weekend has been canceled.
Busch Gardens Tampa:
- Currently Busch Gardens is scheduled to be open as usual on Friday.
The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye:
- The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye will be closed until weather conditions improve and it is safe to begin operations again.
Wet n’ Wild:
- Wet n’ Wild will remain close on Friday and will reopen on Saturday.
- ALL Parks will open at 6PM on Friday.
- Will reopen at 10 a.m. on Saturday.
- Opened at 2pm Friday.
List updated as of 2:45PM