Batman gets all the cool toys. Lego Batman, well his toys are a tad bit cooler. Chevy and The Lego Batman Movie teamed up to build an actual, full scale, Lego Batmobile. The full scale replica was built by Chevy and Lego, and was inspired by the Batman SpeedWagon, which will be featured in the new movie.
If you notice it only has one seat. That’s because Batman only has one butt.
Video-Watch the Batmobile come to life!
The new model was unveiled at the North American International Auto Show, and will be featured in a new Chevrolet commercial featuring Lego Minifigures talking about what kind of person would drive it.
“To work on the LEGO® Batmobile with Warner Bros. is an absolute thrill for us at Chevy,” said Paul Edwards, U.S. vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “Many of the themes in ‘The LEGO® Batman Movie,’ like imagination, family and community, align perfectly with our Chevy brand values and add to the value of the partnership.”
So what goes into the new Lego Batmobile?
Here’s a few facts about the new model:
- It’s 83 inches (6.92 feet) high, 204 inches (17 feet) long and 111 inches (9.25 feet) wide.
- Total weight is 1,695.5 pounds. Each tire is just over 100 pounds.
- The interior frame is made from more than 86 feet of square tube aluminum and weighs 282.5 pounds.
- Total number of LEGO® bricks used to build the Batmobile: 344,187
- Total number of LEGO® colors used: 17
- The LEGO® Batmobile took 222 hours to design and 1,833 hours to build.
- The LEGO® Batmobile was designed and assembled in the LEGO® Model Shop in Enfield, Connecticut, by LEGO® Master Builders.
There’s no word on whether or not the new model will make it’s way to Legoland Parks, but Legoland Florida will be rolling out Lego Batman Weekends later this year.
Stay tuned for more from Legoland Florida, and be sure to get social with us on Facebook and follow along with us on Twitter @BehindThrills for the latest updates!
For our latest theme park videos please be sure to subscribe to us on YouTube!