One of the best things about the first Guardians of the Galaxy film was the soundtrack. As a punk kid born in the 70’s and raised on the 80’s, it was an amazing throwback, and great use of music to accentuate the film.
Guardians 2 is just about here, and now so is the soundtrack. The new soundtrack is full of hits and songs from the 70’s and a lot of stuff that I once again grew up listening to. Thanks to Rolling Stone we have a great look at the new soundtrack listing.
1. “Mr. Blue Sky,” Electric Light Orchestra
2. “Fox on the Run,” Sweet
3. “Lake Shore Drive,” Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
4. “The Chain,” Fleetwood Mac
5. “Bring it On Home to Me,” Sam Cooke
6. “Southern Nights,” Glen Campbell
7. “My Sweet Lord,” George Harrison
8. “Brandy You’re a Fine Girl,” Looking Glass
9. “Come a Little Bit Closer,” Jay and the Americans
10. “Wham Bang Shang-A-Lang,” Silver
11. “Surrender,” Cheap Trick
12. “Father and Son,” Yusuf / Cat Stevens
13. “Flashlight,” Parliament
14. “Guardians Inferno,” The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff
The first thing to notice is the absence of David Bowie. The other is that there’s an original song by David Hasselhoff and The Sneepers. I really can’t wait to hear what the Hoff brings to the Guardians.
Like the first soundtrack, the second seems to be filled with some great songs from when I was a kid. It’s going to be interesting to see what James Gunn has done with the songs and how they set up the scenes.
The new soundtrack hits stores on April 28th. The movie hits just a week later on May 5th. There will be five scenes during and after the credits, so stick around.