National Roller Coaster Day was huge for Cedar Fair and Cedar Point especially. For nearly the past year, Cedar Point has been working on a brand new coaster for 2018. The coaster takes the place of the wooden classic Mean Streak, and goes in a completely new direction for the park.
Outcasts Jackson “Blackjack” Chamberlain, Chess “Wild One” Watkins and Wyatt “Digger” Dempsey have returned to FrontierTown to right the wrongs done to them and their fellow FrontierTown Folk. To wreak their vengeance, the three have brought a new type of metal monstrosity, so big it’s in a field all it’s own. Meet Steel Vengeance, the world’s first hyper-hybrid steel on wood coaster. The new coaster will push the limits of what hybrid coasters can do, and will take the height of the former Mean Streak to 205 feet tall.
Here’s the complete rundown on Steel Vengeance:
Coaster Records Broken
1. World’s tallest hybrid roller coaster (205 feet tall)
2. World’s fastest hybrid roller coaster (74 miles per hour)
3. World’s steepest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (90 degrees)
4. World’s longest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (200 feet)
5. World’s longest hybrid roller coaster (5,740 feet)
6. Most inversions on a hybrid roller coaster (4)
7. Fastest airtime hill on a hybrid roller coaster (73 mph)
8. Most airtime on a hybrid roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
9. Most airtime on any roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
10. World’s first “hyper-hybrid” roller coaster
Park Records Broken
1. Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (57,865 feet/11 miles)
2. Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,423 feet/11.4 miles)
3. Most rides at one amusement park (71)
4. Most roller coasters over 200 feet tall at one amusement park (6)
5. Most roller coasters with a first drop of 90 degrees or more at one amusement park (5)
Want to take a ride on the new coaster? Of course you do!
The ride looks absolutely insane! Leave it to Cedar Point to not just slap a few coasters in their park, but to push the limit and reinvent the game time, and time again. This is going to be a big deal for 2018, so stay tuned for more!