The latest blockbuster attraction, Fast and Furious Supercharged is right around the corner, and Universal Orlando has given us a huge new look at the attraction. The new attraction is based on the hit film series, and will take guests into the world of Fast and Furious like never before. The new attraction will feature the very things that make the film series so popular…supercharged cars.
From the get go, guests will walk into the garage where they will experience the next generation in Universal’s “Virtual Line” system. Guests won’t have to wait in line as they explore the garage, see Dom’s car parked out front and walk through Tej’s War Room, where the latest in high tech gadgets are being employed.
Check out more pics in the gallery below:
Here’s what we know about Fast and Furious so far:
- It will be screen based, taking guests through different scenes as they ride through a new adventure with Dom, Letty, Roman, and of course Dwayne Johnson as Hobbs
- You will battle Owen Shaw as he tries to take over the city
- There will be no 3D glasses. Instead the ride will use high definition screens, to provide a crisp, clear, lifelike adventure
- You will see 15 different cars in the workshop, including 12 cars actually used in the films. Three of the cars are exclusive to Fast and Furious: Supercharged, including Leddy’s Turbo Truck
- New characters will be exclusive to Orlando, including Ludacris as Tej, and Jordana Brewster as Mia.
- The ride will use the “Virtual Line” system, meaning that you don’t have to wait in an actual line. You walk in and explore the garage until it’s your time to ride
There is no opening date as of yet, but we expect to see the ride before June, with technical rehearsals starting sometime before Memorial Day.
Want to get a peek at what to expect? Check out the full video from Universal Studios Hollywood.
The new ride in Orlando will be similar to Fast and Furious: Supercharged at Universal Studios Hollywood, where it is part of the Tram Tour, but it won’t be exactly the same. While that part of the ride is part of the entire Tram Tour experience, the new ride at Universal Orlando will be a stand alone and different experience, where you are transported into the film. The new ride will use new technology, and will completely immerse guests into a ride through the streets of California.
Fast and Furious: Supercharged is just one of the many new experiences coming to Universal Orlando this year, as the resort rolls out amazing new experiences throughout the resort.
Voodoo Donuts has come to CityWalk, and later this year, guests will be able to stay in the newest on-site resort, Aventura Hotel.