It’s almost time to splash again! Aquatica SeaWorld’s Waterpark returns for its seventh season, with a combination of high-speed thrills, a relaxing beachside resort atmosphere, lush landscape and up-close animal encounters. For a limited time, guests can purchase an Aquatica Splash Pass, which includes repeat admission all summer long for just $2 more than single-day admission. Starting May 24, Aquatica San Diego, located in Chula Vista, California, is open select dates through Oct. 6.
Aquatica has something for everyone:
Pools and Attractions:
- Big Surf Shores: One of the largest wave pools in Southern California, guests swim in more than 500,000 gallons of water with period swells of up to five feet. A white sandy beach (43,000 square feet!) allows visitors to relax on lawn chairs or luxuriate in nearby cabanas.
- Walkabout Waters: This four-story interactive and colorful outdoor attraction features loads of hands-on fun with slides, hoses, jets, geysers and more. Every five minutes, a 500-gallon bucket unloads water on everyone below!
- Slippity Dippity: Families with toddlers can splash the day away and let their imagination run rampant as they explore an endless sea of fun at this attraction, which includes kid-sized slides.
- Loggerhead Lane: Guests can swim or float along in an inner tube down a winding 1,250-foot long lazy river, with the added surprise of Caribbean flamingos on display. Playful fountains provide plenty of opportunities to splash while soaking up the sun.
Rides & Slides:
- Tassie’s Twister: Plunge down a 75-foot water slide in a multi-person raft through thousands of gallons of swirling water before dropping into a six-story funnel (conveyers automatically lift rafts to the top of the attraction).
- Taumata Racer: A high-speed racing water slide that zooms riders on six side-by-side lanes down a 375-foot slide, around a 180-degree swooping turn, and in and out of tunnels before racing them across a finish line.
- Whanau Way: Boasting a 60-foot water slide complex featuring six slides, four enclosed and two open air, this ride is a must on any waterpark enthusiast’s list.
- HooRoo Run: Guests can choose their own adventure: two enclosed and two open-air slides await for a thrilling descent down this 80-foot ride.
- Woohoo Falls: Adventurers embark on one of three water slides with speedy twists and turns, including one in the dark for those up to the challenge.
- Kiwi Curl: Guests can put their adrenaline level to the test as they ride down one of three 60-foot-tall water slides. Thrill seekers have the option of sliding in the dark.
- Walhalla Wave: This 78-foot ride is designed for families to enjoy together (height requirement is 42”) in a gigantic tube. A tube lift means no lugging it up the stairs!
- At Loggerhead Lane, guests enjoy not only a lush tropical attraction with a winding 1,250-foot-long lazy river, but also an up-close view of more than a dozen Caribbean flamingos.
- A habitat with dozens of freshwater turtles, representing several species, live in an exhibit that features under- and above-water viewing.
- Guests can enhance their Aquatica experience with personal cabanas, available poolside at Big Surf Shores and near Loggerhead Lane. Premium, VIP and Ultimate options are available. Guests should check website for availability and pricing prior to their visit.
- Electronic lockers are available for adventurers who need a place to store their land gear before they embark on their water voyage, three sizes to choose from.
- Kiwi Trader’s has waterpark necessities available for purchase, including towels, sunscreen and flip-flops for guests who forgot their waterpark necessities at home.
- Complimentary life vests in all sizes are available for guests as they enter Aquatica.
- Guests can relax on comfortable lounge chairs, with shaded seating located throughout the waterpark.
Delicious Dining, Drinks and Desserts:
Among many unique foods inspired by fresh California flavors are:
- Mango Market: Pasta, pizza and other Italian delights
- Big Surf Snacks: Salty and sweet treats such as chicken tenders and funnel cakes
- Waterstone Grill: Burgers, fry cones, salads and more
- Rockwater Oasis: Margaritas, draft and craft beer selections for guests 21 and older
- Taumata Cart: Craft beer selections for guests 21 and older; grab-and-go wraps, Italian ice and other snacks
- Aquatica’s cabanas: An enhanced Aquatica experience that can be reserved in advance; rental includes a welcome basket, mini fridge, four bottled waters, all-day locker, Wi-Fi access; private entrance to Loggerhead Lane; and exclusive access to the Cabana Resort pool; food and beverage service available (not included in cabana price)
Aquatica is located at 2052 Entertainment Circle in Chula Vista. Operational dates for 2019 are daily May 24–27; June 1–Sept. 2; weekends Sept. 2–Oct. 6. Single-Day tickets are $47.99 for guests ages 10 and older; $42.99 for ages 3–9; free for guests under 3. Waterpark fans can splash and play all summer long with the Aquatica Splash Pass, on sale now for just $2 more than a single-day admission. The Aquatica 2019 Season Pass, which offers unlimited admission for the entire season, free parking, in-park discounts and one guest pass, is $89.99 for ages 3 and older. For even more value, the Ultimate Season Pass includes all of the benefits of a season pass, but with two guest passes plus a single-day Quick Queue.
For our latest theme park videos please be sure to subscribe to us on YouTube!
For more information about Aquatica San Diego, including tickets, visit the official website by clicking here!