You’ll scream at ghastly ghouls, cringe at weird kids and shiver at demented doctors. Okay, maybe not…but something creepy is coming soon.
Announced on Saturday, during a special panel at Midsummer Scream, Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood will be bringing Creepshow to life and certain death at this years event.
Originally released in 1982, and featuring stories by a Stephen King and George Romero, Creepshow at Halloween Horror Nights will take a different turn as the maze takes on not only the original film, but also the new series coming September 26th from Shudder.
The new show is being created and brought to the small screen by Walking Dead and horror guru, Greg Nicotero.
The new maze will have The Creep and more fun. We will bring even more details from the Midsummer Scream Panel, so check back.
“I’ve partnered with Universal Studios Hollywood and ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ for years and it’s a thrill to bring ‘Creepshow’ to life for the fans as part of this year’s iconic event,” said Greg Nicotero. “I consider myself honored to have had the opportunity to work alongside George Romero and many other groundbreaking filmmakers who have inspired me. So to be able to create a television show based on the Creepshow movie, and then see it come to life as a ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ maze is a great way to pay tribute to this legendary filmmaker and introduce this incredible anthology series to a fans old and new.”
“We’re thrilled to bring this beloved horror classic to ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ as well as introduce our fans to the upcoming Shudder series,” said John Murdy, Executive Producer, “Halloween Horror Nights.” We’ve had a long association with Greg Nicotero as part of ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ and getting the opportunity to again work with his talented special effects team at KNB FX brings a whole other level of authenticity to this incredible maze experience.”
Capturing the essence of the original film that touted, “the most fun you’ll have getting scared,” to Shudder’s assertion that “a new generation of horror has risen from the dead,” the five frightening fables featured in the maze include:
· “Father’s Day” – Years ago Nathan Grantham, the cruel patriarch of the wealthy Grantham family, was murdered by his long-suffering daughter on Father’s Day. Now Nathan’s maggot-infested corpse has risen from the grave to take revenge on his inheritors…and finally claim his Father’s Day cake.
· “The Crate” – An unlucky janitor finds a long-forgotten shipping crate under the stairs of a science hall in a small east coast college. Little does he know, the crate contains a ravenous beast that’s been hibernating for over a hundred years…and it’s just woken up.
· “They’re Creeping Up On You” – Eccentric billionaire Upson Pratt lives in a hermetically sealed “germ proof” penthouse apartment in Manhattan but he still has a bug problem. When a citywide blackout cuts his power, Mr. Pratt’s pest problem is about to get a whole lot worse.
· “Gray Matter” – Ritchie Grenadine, an alcoholic former factory worker, unknowingly ingests a strange mutagen after guzzling a can of cheap beer. Now an alien fungus has taken over his rundown apartment and his body…creating in him an insatiable hunger that can’t be quenched by his favorite ale.
· “Bad Wolf Down” – The surviving members of a decimated American army platoon in the North of France during World War II are holed up in a small village jail awaiting the German army to overwhelm them. The clever lot, however, have an ace up their sleeve that the German’s won’t expect; the men are all werewolves and tonight is a full moon.
Creepshow is just one of ten houses at HHN Hollywood this year, which also includes Stranger Things, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Holidayz in Hell, Frankenstein meets Wolfman, and of course Ghostbusters. The event will also include five unique scare zones and the return of Jabbawockeez.