It’s the most wonderful time of the year at ZooTampa at Lowry Park with the return of Christmas in the Wild, one of Tampa’s most beloved holiday traditions. Families looking for safe holiday fun will be immersed into an outdoor seasonal adventure featuring twinkling lights, delectable holiday treats, amazing wildlife and new jolly adventures. Christmas in the Wild is a reservation-only event which kicks-off on Friday, November 27 and continues for select nights through December 30.
This year’s event features:
Forest of Fantasy: A stunning forest of evergreens have taken root at ZooTampa’s Manatee Circle! Using mapped pixels and projection mapping, the trees sparkle with life showcasing two custom shows every hour. The area also features the queen of ice and snow along with her royal icing guards who are sure to entertain the youngest members of the family as they conjure up a beautiful snowstorm.
Christmas Market presented by Melitta: Enjoy a European marketplace featuring delicious German food and unique merchandise. The area will also feature magical meetings with Jolly St. Nick and his playful elves before they head back to the North Pole. Guest can also enjoy cookie decorating with the first lady of Christmas, as she leads classes throughout the night which guests can either join or watch as the world’s master baker shares her craft.
Holiday Kaleidoscope: Guest will be immersed in the color and beauty of a holiday kaleidoscope. This walk-thru experience features projection mapping, lighting and immersive sound which change and rotate depicting animals, worldwide holiday celebrations and messages of hope.
Illuminate: Santa and one of his reindeer have traveled to Africa aboard a Safari truck to greet guests for a unique safe photo moment and unforgettable holiday memory.
Caribbean Christmas: Celebrate Christmas Caribbean style with a roaming three-piece steel drum band. Enjoy traditional songs of the season played in a refreshing new way while enjoying festive drinks and food from the Zoo’s new Salty Turtle bar.
Felices Días Festivos: Stroll along this path featuring the sights and sounds of the Latin culture.
Guests can also enjoy the enchantment of wildlife at night with special animal adventures throughout the Zoo including a Sleep Tight Penguins event where guests can join in wishing our colony a good night.
Christmas in the Wild also features innovative food from cranberry glazed ribs to delightful Santa cheesecake hats. Adults can add some spice to their evening with specialty drinks including a cranberry mule and The Grinch.
A celebration of the season is not complete without finding that special gift or taking an opportunity to give back. Holiday shopping includes unique and themed gifts that support the Zoo’s mission of conservation. Guests can also purchase the present that keeps on giving joy throughout the year – a Zoo membership or an animal adoption.
- Christmas in the Wild takes place on 17 select nights from Friday, November 27- December 30, 2020
- Specific event dates: November 27, 28 & December 4-5, 11-12, 18-23, 26-30.
- Event starts at 4 p.m. with extended hours until 10 p.m. on event days before Christmas and until 9pm after Christmas.
- Christmas in the Wild is a limited capacity event. Date and timed reservations are strongly encouraged and the best way to guarantee admission.
- Enhanced health and safety precautions will be in place including non-invasive temperatures checks, social distancing, enhanced sanitation of attractions and mask requirements in limited outdoor locations. Additionally, all staff members including costumed characters will wear masks.
Event admission options are available online:
- A reservation fee for annual members and “Pay for a Day, Come Back All Year” ticket holders is $5 per person and includes a $5 voucher which can be redeemed at food and merchandise locations on the evening of the event.
- After 4 p.m. Christmas in the Wild general guest admission tickets start at $26.95.
Photos and press release courtesy ZooTampa at Lowry Park.