SeaWorld San Diego announced today that it will reopen as an accredited zoo on Saturday, February 6! Guests can again safely enjoy all of their favorite outdoor animal exhibits where they can visit dolphins, sea lions, bat rays, bamboo sharks, flamingos, sea otters, turtles, and more, while roaming 100 acres of the park’s expansive property. They can also attend SeaWorld’s renowned live educational presentations to learn more about dolphins, sea lions, and orcas, and check out the park’s newest presentation, Rescue Tails! This exciting and educational, new addition shares the story of SeaWorld’s Conservation Ambassadors, animal care and rescue stories at the Nautilus Amphitheatre with physically distant seating. Starting Saturday February 6, the park will be open on Fridays (11:00am-7:00pm), Saturdays (10:00am-7:00pm), and Sundays (10:00am-6:00pm), including Monday February 15 for the President’s Day holiday, from 10:00am-6:00pm. Guests are encouraged to keep checking the park website for schedule changes and updates as additional opening days and times may be added.
In compliance with state safety guidelines for zoos, SeaWorld will continue to operate with enhanced health and safety protocols for cleaning and sanitizing, physical distancing, face covering requirements, and temperature screenings. To give guests ample space for a physically distanced visit, reservations and date-specific tickets must be purchased online and in advance of each visit to manage capacity. Each ticket includes park entry, and access to all outdoor animal exhibits and presentations. The number of tickets available each day is limited and are on sale now.
“We are thrilled to once again reopen as a zoo to provide our guests with amazing, memorable—and safe—outdoor experiences this year,” said Marilyn Hannes, president of SeaWorld San Diego. “We will continue to implement a reservation system so that our guests can freely enjoy our incredible outdoor animal exhibits and presentations, including a new presentation that we are so excited for—Rescue Tails!”
Learn About Fascinating Animals
- ALL NEW! Rescue Tails is an educational presentation (with physical distancing) that teaches guests about SeaWorld’s commitment to animal care and rescue. Guests will meet many of the park’s rescued animals, such as birds of prey, primates, and reptiles, and learn about their unique stories.
- Guests can safely roam SeaWorld’s spacious park grounds to enjoy the park’s open-air outdoor animal viewing exhibits, which feature orcas, bamboo sharks, stingrays, sea lions, otters, Magellanic penguins, dolphins, flamingos, and more.
- SeaWorld’s renowned Dolphin, Sea Lion and Orca Encounter, live educational presentations with physically distant seating, are back!
- And for those guests who are excited about an even more interactive experience, tickets are available for exclusive, physically distanced small group Dolphin, Sea Otter, Flamingo and Sloth Encounters (online reservations required), or Sea Lion and Bat Ray Feedings (available for purchase inside the park).
Inspire an Appetite
- Enjoy an amazing array of delicious food options from limited-time specialty menus designed by SeaWorld’s talented culinary team.
- Adults can also indulge in a cold brew from an expansive, curated selection of craft beers, including many SoCal favorites, or opt for delicious new cocktails—all available throughout the park.
- With plenty of outdoor seating, park guests are in for a treat with a wide variety of chef-designed food items like Kickin’ Fried Shrimp, Honey Glazed Salmon, Hot Honeyracha Chicken Wings, BBQ Brisket Tacos, Loaded Tatchos, and more.
To learn more about SeaWorld San Diego’s enhanced health and safety measures and what guests can expect when they arrive at the park, they can visit seaworldsandiego.com/safety.
Best Way to Play
SeaWorld’s valued Pass Members and Fun Card Holders receive free admission to the park. Guests can save up to $30 by purchasing advance date-specific tickets online for as low as $63.99. Children under 3 are free.
For even more incredible value, the park offers a Dine & Drink bundle, good for admission plus dishes from new chef-curated menus, with both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages available. For as low as $79.99, adults (10 and older) will get admission to the park PLUS a choice of six food items and/or alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages. For only $74.99, children (3 to 9) will get admission to the park PLUS a choice of four food items and/or non-alcoholic beverages.
SeaWorld’s Annual Passes are available starting as low as $8.75 per month for a limited time. The new “Best Benefits Ever” include unlimited admission for all of 2021, FREE parking, up to 50 percent off in-park purchases, and access to special rewards. Guests can also “pay for a day” and get a 2021 Fun Card good for unlimited admission* for all of 2021 for the price of general admission.
As reservations will be limited for this experience, guests are strongly encouraged to purchase their tickets now. Please visit seaworldsandiego.com/tickets for more details.
Press release and photos courtesy SeaWorld San Diego.