It was announced earlier this year that Florida would be getting it’s very own Legoland theme park targeted at families with children ages 2-12, but details of attractions and what the park will encompass have been far and few between. Legoland announced details about the park, including some information about attractions.
Pricing is as follows for Legoland Florida, which is scheduled to open in October 2011 (that’s just a year away!)
One Day Tickets (Special pricing for early purchases made at legolandfloridaresort.com)
- Adults (13-59) – $65 plus tax
- Children/Seniors (3-12; 60+) – $55 plus tax
- Under 3 – free
- Standard Annual Pass – Unlimited admission for $99 plus tax for children and adults
- Plus Annual Pass – Free parking, discounts on food and merchandise, unlimited admission. Adults – $159 plus tax, Children/Seniors – $129 plus tax.
- Ambassador Annual Pass – Lifetime pass to Legoland Florida, free perferred parking, admission to special events discounts on food and merchandise. $2,500 plus tax.
The park will have ten different “lands”, each themed to something different than the last.
- Factory Tour – A look at how legos are made from beginning to end.
- Studio Tour – Shop where you can purchase all Lego licensed products (like Star Wars, and more)
- Granny’s Apple Fries – Signature desert item of Legoland. Sliced Granny Smith apples covered with cinnamon, sugar, and served with a vanilla sauce.
- Fun Town Theater – 4-D movie theater that can seat 700 people. The theater will show four different movies through out the day.
- Florida – Florida will feature Daytona, where kids can race in Lego brick cars, Key West, Bok Tower, the Kennedy Space Center, and more.
- Las Vegas – Vegas will feature the world-famous “strip”, which includes Luxor Las Vegas, New York Hotel and Casino, Stratosphere Tower, and more. It will also feature a mini wedding chapel and monorail.
- Washington D.C. – D.C. will feature re-creations of some of what it’s famous for: The White House, the Lincoln Washington Monument, Capitol Building, and an animated marching band parade in front of the capitol building.
- New York City – NYC will also feature things it’s famous for: The Rockefeller Plaza, Taxi’s hustling and bustling through the busy streets of New York, The Statue of Liberty, The Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, and more.
- Pirates – Pirate themed area where opposing pirate ships can battle it out.
- The Dragon – Indoor/Outdoor steel roller coaster.
- The Royal Joust – Riders will ride a Lego horse through various scenes and battle other jousters in a simulated battle.
Land of Adventure
- Coastersaurus – Curve and dip around a jungle of dinosaurs.
- Lost Kingdom Adventure – Shooter dark ride.
- Pharaoh’s Revenge – Outdoor attraction in which kids can fire foam balls at their enemies while they explore the Pharoah’s kingdom (maze).
- Beetle Bounce – Children’s bounce tower
- LEGO TECHNIC Test Track – roller coaster in which guests can feel the power of maneuvering, breaking, and acceleration.
- AQUAZONE Wave Racers – Water carousel ride in which riders avoid blasts from water blasters
- Fun Town Fire Academy – Families race against each other to get into a firetruck, put out a “fire”, and race back. First family there and back wins!
- Driving School – Real life driving experience for children ages 6-13. Kids can get an official Legoland drivers license too!
- Junior Driving School – Smaller version of Driving School for children ages 3-5.
- Flight School – Inverted steel roller coaster where children can feel the thrills of flying
- The Big Test – Interactive show to teach fire safety to kids as the “Fun Town Fire Department” prepares for their Big Test to become firefighters.
- Game Space – Area featuring 13 gaming stations where kids can play Lego-games like Batman, Starwars, and more!
- Build & Test – Build a Lego car and test it by racing others on a digitally themed track.
- LEGO MINDSTORMS – Customize and build computerized Lego Mindstorms robots.
- Lego Clubhouse – Parents and kids can pick up snacks and Lego Kits here.
- Kid Power Towers – Parents and kids can enjoy a ride to the top of the tower to see the entire park and then free fall to the bottom.
Pirates Cove – Live action water stunt show
DUPLO Village – Kids can fly a plane, drive a car, or explore a town. Perfect for growing minds.