This Memorial Day weekend, get ready to experience fireworks like you’ve never seen before! Pyrotecnico is bringing PyroFest back to Pittsburgh for the second year in a row! Pittsburgh is known for hosting some of the biggest fireworks displays in the world. 2013 will be no exception as Pyrotecnico produces the biggest, most elaborate rock and roll fireworks show EVER! Get ready Pittsburgh, for the world premiere of Rock Loves II!!
Pyrofest 2012 | Pittsburgh, PA
The day-long event is being produced by New Castle-based company, Pyrotechnico. New Castle, PA (just outside of Pittsburgh) is officially known as the “Fireworks Capital of America“. Founded in 1889 by the Vitale family, Pyrotecnico is one of the fastest growing and most innovative fireworks display companies in the U.S. They produce over 2,000 shows per year of which 600 are Independence Day celebrations. The company has worked with over 10,000 different organizations in the past 10 years including the fireworks and special effects for MTV’s halftime show for Super Bowl XXXVIII, the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and the 2012 Pyrofest. Pyrotecnico was awarded with the 2008 Gold Jupiter Award representing the United States at the L’International des Feux Loto-Québec.
Pyrotecnico display at the Pittsburgh EQT Regatta
PyroFest is an affordable community event to promote & celebrate the international art of Pyrotechnics through innovative & unique presentations. This year, PyroFest is sure to amaze everyone with thrilling new displays including a display by the world-renowned, award winning Ricardo Caballer Ricasa, bringing their amazing display direct from Spain – a premier fireworks show that has never been performed in the United States! Besides Ricasa, another anticipated display will be “Rock Loves II,” an innovative, power-packed “sequel” display to top the award winning “Rock Loves,” bringing in new, exciting choreography and materials in this never before seen display. Techniques and products from around the globe will come together effortlessly in an array of pyrotechnic displays to include both daytime and nighttime fireworks that will dazzle everyone with a thrilling sensory and visual experience they will never forget.
The crowd at PyroFest 2012 | Pittsburgh, PA | photo: Alyssa Schipani
PyroFest displays will include:
- US Military Salute & National Anthem Daytime Display
- Daytime & Colored Smoke Fireworks
- Pyro UFO Launch
- “Fantasy in the Sky” Fireworks Challenge (Choreography designed by an aspiring fireworks choreographer and was chosen by PyroFest judges to kick off the night-time displays)
- Direct from Spain world-renowned award winning Ricardo Caballer Ricasa Fireworks Production
- World Premiere of “Rock Loves II” Display (an innovative sequel to the Award Winning fireworks show “Rock Loves”)
New for 2013 is the “Fantasy in the Sky” Fireworks Challenge. For the 1st time ever, one lucky fan will get to choreograph their own display to be shown at Pyrofest! Pyrotechnico is hosting an online fireworks choreography contest and will then choose the best show simulation (created through Finale Fireworks – www.finalefireworks.com) to be performed live to kick off the night-time fireworks displays at PyroFest 2013. The sky is your canvas!
The lucky winner will get…
- To produce their show live at PyroFest 2013, where it will kick off the night-time festivities!
- Two tickets to PyroFest with exclusive backstage access (for the winner and one friend)
- Travel expenses and room & board for two (the winner and one friend)
- All firing systems to execute the show provided by Pyrotecnico
- All product for the show provided by Pyrotecnico
**Contestants must be 18 years or older.
**Contestants must own the Finale Fireworks software.
For more information on the contest or to enter (click here)
Just before the feature presentation, Direct from Valencia, Spain, the world famous Ricardo Caballer, S.A. Ricasa will be producing one of their extraordinary, award winning displays at PyroFest 2013! From Japan to Canada, this world renowned fireworks display production company has been delighting people all over the globe with their breath-taking firework displays.
In 1881, Founder Mr. Vicente Caballer Calatayud began the company, and at the hand of Mr. Ricardo Caballer Zamorano, it has become what it is today. From the boom of the shell exploding, the brightness of the fireworks painting the sky to the to the emotion of awestruck, Ricasa continues their ancestors’ enthusiasm for “color-up celebrations”. Ricardo Caballer Cardo followed in his Founder’s Great Grandfather’s shoes, and continued to learn as much as he could about the firework industry and its products. A passion for technology and fireworks, he uses the most innovative firing systems and design software that lead to creating beautiful and captivating fireworks displays.
With Ricasa’s imaginative passion and newest technologies, they have not only produced displays for the 2000 Olympic Games as well as many more major productions, but have won countless awards across the world. This is one display that will definitely keep you in awe!
Pyrotecnico brings you “Rock Loves II,” an innovative, power-packed “sequel” display to top the award winning, internationally acclaimed, full throttled Rock and Roll tribute, “Rock Loves.” This never before seen show will bring in new, exciting choreography, effects, and imagery to ignite the sky in perfect sync with a whole new lineup of the greatest Rock and Roll songs ever recorded. Bright colors will dance across the sky in unison with the chest-thumping sound waves forming a rock concert in the sky that will take your breath away!
Video of the original “Rock Loves” display from Pyrofest 2012:
In addition to this best of class pyro-packed lineup, Pyrofest will also include a VIP area, live music, food, and a kids zone for an unforgettable family Memorial Day experience that will be enjoyed by everyone, both young and old.
PyroFest 2012 | Pittsburgh, PA | photo: Alyssa Schipani
Bands perform live at PyroFest 2012 | Pittsburgh, PA | photo: Alyssa Schipani
One of the bands headlining the all day music entertainment is The Clarks, a traditional guitar-driven rock band hailing from the Pittsburgh area. More bands will be announced soon.
- 3:00 PM Opening Band TBD on the Main Stage
- 4:15 PM Band 2 TBD on the Main Stage
- 5:30 PM Opening Noise & Salute Display
- 5:35 PM Band 3 TBD on Main Stage
- 6:45 PM Band 4 TBD on the Main Stage
- 7:15 PM Military Tribute & National Anthem Daytime Display – Smoke Shells & Salutes
- 7:45 PM Band 5 TBD on the Main Stage
- 8:45 PM “Fantasy in the Sky” Fireworks Challenge
- 9:15 PM Ricasa Display by World-Renowned Award Winning Ricardo Caballer
- 10:00 PM World Premiere of “Rock Loves II” Display
- **This Lineup Is Subject To Change
Time: Saturday, May 25, 2013 | 3:00pm – 11:00pm
The event will once again take place at Hartwood Acres located just outside of downtown Pittsburgh.
2914 Middle RD.
Allison Park PA, 15101
General Admission – $22.00 pre-sale online | $25.00 on-site (includes concerts)
Student / Child – $13.00 pre-sale online | $15.00 on-site (6 & under free)
$60.00 (SOLD OUT)
* VIP = available for access to:
- Front and center seating with chairs for the bands & fireworks displays
- VIP tent access
- Catered meal provided by Armstrongs Restaurants
- Complimentary beverages including water, soda, beer, and wine
** Students require a VIP ticket for VIP access (6 & under is free)
** VIP tickets will not be sold onsite the day of the event
** Tickets will be available online up until 11:59 PM on May 24, 2013
Rain Date: Sunday May 26, 2013
Onsite Parking Pass $8.00 (must be purchased pre-show online)
Onsite Parking at Hartwood Acres will be limited. If you plan on parking onsite, you need to purchase a parking pass in advance. These are available for purchase as an add-on when you order your festival pass. You will only need 1 parking pass per vehicle. The lot is onsite inside the Hartwood Middle Road entrances.
Free Shuttle Service from Hampton High School: Pyrofest will provide a continuous loop of free direct shuttle service to Hartwood Acres. Hop on the bus, and enjoy the ride! Buses run approximately every 15 minutes from 2:00 pm until one hour after the festival ends. The free shuttle is open to the public.
** There is NO OVERNIGHT PARKING and NO TAILGATING allowed at Hartwood Acres, Allegheny County, or Hampton Township parking lots.
- Come early to get a good spot – first come first served
- Coolers are allowed for food, water, and soda. NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL
- No PetsWhat To Bring:
- Photo ID – proof of age necessary if you wish to consume alcohol – all IDs will be checked at the gate.
- Raincoat in case of a mid-day shower
- Hand towel / headband / bandana (in case it’s hot to wipe sweat) There is very little shade at the event unless you have a VIP ticket.
- Chairs and blankets
- Umbrella for shade
- Camera / video camera
PyroFest 2012 | Pittsburgh, PA | photo: Alyssa Schipani
Be sure to follow all our Behind the Thrills social media accounts as we will be doing LIVE updates on site at PyroFest 2013!
For more information and tickets, Visit the official website at www.Pyrofest.com