Every year has been a huge success for us in the past, and we have continued to grow since Behind the Thrills started in August of 2008. Although we didn’t begin actually tracking our traffic and stacking it up against previous years until 2009, I can’t stress how much joy it brings us here to see continued growth, in not only web traffic, but also on our social media accounts. We rebuilt Behind the Thrills from scratch in 2010 and have continued to add onto what you guys have come to know and love – and that won’t be the end! There’s plenty of years to come.
With that said, I would like to personally thank not only the folks that make the magic happen, but I would like to thank everyone who reads our website and follows us on our social media accounts, and we hope to see you again in 2013! In 2011, we saw a 69.32% increase in traffic, however, we saw a 92.48% increase in traffic over 2011!
And to kick off the new year, we’re going to take a look back to see which 12 pages were the most popular in 2012.
1. Behind the Thrills Homepage
2. Knott’s Scary Farm Tickets now on sale pre-scare and Trapped reservations also available
3. Thrill Weekly Poll: Water park of the Year 2012
4. Hersheypark announces Sky Rush roller coaster for 2012
5. Rumor Mill: Halloween Horror Nights 22
6. Disneyland Candlelight processional 2012 narrators announced
7. Disneyland resort announces ticket and annual pass price increase
8. Magic Kingdom Theme Park Guide
9. Halloween Horror Nights 22 Map is released
10. Animal Kingdom Theme Park Guide
11. Unnamed projects under heavy construction at Universal Orlando
12. Halloween Horror Nights 22 tickets go on sale; decrease options
I’m very impressed with some of the things that made it into the top 12, such as two of our Park Guides. We have several other great guides for other parks that are constantly being updated with new information, videos, and more. 2012 has been a busy year for theme parks around the world, so here’s a toast to 2013!