Choose your side. Are a Jedi, or do you lean toward the dark side? Whatever your political affiliation, Disney is kicking off their massive Star Wars Weekends this year with a huge event, aimed at collectors. It’s the Galactic Gathering, and it’s something that collectors of Disney Merchandise, as well as Star Wars Memorabilia will not want to miss. The all new event will feature select merchandise, as well as specialty Magic Bands that you will only be able to get at this event.
The event will take place on Thursday, May 14 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It will give you your first chance to purchase all new Disney Star Wars Weekends merchandise, and will include a package of merchandise that you won’t be able to get anywhere else.
The cost of the package is $250 dollars, and does not include theme park admission. You will need to have admission as well.
The package will include your first look at new merchandise, as well as a ton of stuff that you can only get at this event.
Here’s the list of items your package includes:
- ‘Rebel’ or ‘Empire’ retail MagicBand (Guests can choose their side when registering online)
- Commemorative trading pin
- Darth’s Mall Light Speed Pass which gives expedited entry into Darth’s Mall for all five weekends.
- First opportunity to pre-purchase select merchandise including personalized Aurebesh nametags, D-Tech phone cases, Dooney & Bourke handbags, Galactic Gathering Disney Gift card, retail MagicBands, limited edition pins and Vinylmation.
- First opportunity to purchase the new designs of Star Wars-themed Disney Gift Cards.
- Han Solo-inspired popcorn bucket with popcorn.
Probably more than anything, we’re interested in that Han Solo popcorn bucket, can you say Carbonite?
Star Wars Weekends is a huge event for all new merchandise, which is only located in one place. The line for Darth’s Mall is usually longer than most of the attractions, so this makes a great opportunity for guests who want to grab some merchandise without waiting in a huge line.
Guests will also have the chance to hang with Disney characters, chat with Disney Design Group Artists and Ashley Eckstein from Her Universe.