A tin of major changes are coming to Epcot in the very near future, and it all starts at the beginning. Walt Disney World’s biggest perk will start seeing some huge changes very soon, including the addition of the first ever roller coaster in the park. But the changes will impact guests as they first enter the park, as a new hub will be introduced.
As seen in the pictures above, there will be big sweeping areas of green, lots of plants and a newly reimagined fountain. This will all be part of the Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary, as well as a reimagined Epcot.
But there’s more.
Wonders of Life will become the home of an all new play area, just off the entrance to Epcot. The new area will feature a innovative city, bursting with hands on experiences, innovative new interactions, tons of character interactions and entertainment.
“This innovative, new pavilion is beyond anything we’ve ever created and is completely unique to Epcot,” said Zach Riddley, portfolio executive, Walt Disney Imagineering. “Built on the power of play, it introduces an immersive and interactive ‘city’ where you can explore, create, and interact with some of your favorite Disney characters. This is an experience worthy of our bold vision for Epcot – and another signature element of our transformation.”
This new announcement joins an already massive list of new attractions coming to Epcot.
Here’s what we have so far:
• Guardians of the Galaxy-themed roller coaster in Future World
• Epcot Forever, a 2019 limited-time nighttime experience over World Showcase Lagoon set to classic Epcot tunes, followed by an all-new nighttime spectacular debuting in 2020
• Space-themed table-service restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE
• Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction in the France pavilion, patterned after the number-one family attraction at Disneyland Paris
• Circle-Vision 360 film for the China pavilion and updated O Canada! 360-degree show
• Signature Dining experience inspired by the natural beauty of Japan
• Beauty and the Beast” sing-along in the France pavilion, showing in addition to the pavilion’s current film, Impressions de France
And that’s what has been officially confirmed. There are rumblings of new attractions coming to the Mexico pavilion, a New Imagination attraction and much more.
We’ll likely see more details, and opening dates when this years D23 Expo hits Anaheim later this summer.